Now it is a series

Guest yave1964

Okay, I have been negative about the Wings all season. Holland sat on his wallet, we didn't adapt, making the playoffs meant winning our final four games just to join the party. But now.

The Wings took care of the Ducks in seven games, have split the first two on the road with the Hawks. Counting the final four regular season games we have went 9-4 in the last 13 games.

I still see the Hawks winning the series but they appeared flat in game two and the Wings were on top of their game. Momentum in the post season is huge, I am still a doubter but now have a shadow of hope. Of course if the Wings do miraculously pull it out they then face the Kings and likely our old friends from Pittsburgh. Todays win was amazing but there is a long, long way to go.

Apparently I missed a good game for your Wings!

Cut the Hawks shots on goal in half by merciless checking and never allowing the Hawks to get comfortable. Hoping for more of the same when we get back home.

The problem with the Wings is we live on that razors edge. We are good, but not great, and when we are good we are very good, when we are bad, it gets real ugly. We don't have the talent to overcome a bad game by our stars, if the Stars are on their game the Wings will win 75 per centish of the time. When we the Stars are off, we will lose 90 per centish of the time. It all comes down to the stars.

• Like 2

Cut the Hawks shots on goal in half by merciless checking and never allowing the Hawks to get comfortable. Hoping for more of the same when we get back home.

The problem with the Wings is we live on that razors edge. We are good, but not great, and when we are good we are very good, when we are bad, it gets real ugly. We don't have the talent to overcome a bad game by our stars, if the Stars are on their game the Wings will win 75 per centish of the time. When we the Stars are off, we will lose 90 per centish of the time. It all comes down to the stars.

I totally agree with the above except I'm not sure if it is the stars (Pav & Z) that have bad games or the second-tier stars like Franzen/Fil. I'm not sure who opens up what for whom--whether it is Pav & Z opening it up for the others or some of the others playing well and opening it up for Pav & Z--that really makes them play better. Maybe it's some of both.

What we both agree on is that Pav & Z (& Howie--he has been a star too) cannot do it by themselves. When the other guys are scoring, like Mule, Fil, and the Eurokids, we win or at least play well enough to win, even if we don't every night.

The Wings played exceptionally well Saturday, and it was great to FINALLY beat Chicago for the first time this season. Not only that, but a 4-1 win on "real" goals (no empty-netters) will show the Hawks that the Wings really mean business. Babcock got a full game out of all four lines, and it was great to see Drew Miller back! The Joe will be a-hoppin' tonight but the Red Wings will have a very small window to get the jump on Chicago if they want to ride their new-found momentum. Chicago sat back in Game 2 and paid for it dearly. They're not likely to make the same mistake twice.

Zetterberg did a real good job of handling Toews and keeping him off the scoresheets so far. Patrick Sharp's been the toughest to contain. Though he didn't score, he's getting a fair bit of chances, especially playing on a line with Kane, and now the rumors are that Viktor Stalberg will once again be on the ice after sitting for a bit. Stalberg is a dangerous winger, and the Wings haven't seen him yet.

Let the octopi fly! First home game against Chicago in Game 3 of a tied Western Conference Semifinal series..... I predict....8 total octopi on the ice tonight!

• Like 2

Patrick Sharp's been the toughest to contain. Though he didn't score,

He really picks up his level of play in the playoffs... he has a really nice quick shot, and he's not afraid to let it fly.

I curse Ken Hitchcock everytime I see him score in the post season...

• Like 2