Ok, so down 2-0, what do YOU do?

trevluk

You mean Juniors? Yeah - post those. How a 16-17 year old kid acted like a 16-17 year old kid and how that translates into his being a "spoiled brat" now.

NHL? Post those, too. Too many hats on the ice after OV's hat trick. Dubinsky. Tortorella. "I don't like them". Handshakegate. Likely seen them all...and argued them all and how if it is any other player....

Edit: Isn't what happens in Juniors supposed to stay in Juniors? See: Downie, Steve. Can't have it both ways if that is the direction you want to go with this.

B - wasn't referring to Crosbys antics in junior, just your comparison to some new fan who doesn't know what they're talking about. As in don't compare me to some fat chick who doesn't know hockey, cause I was a Crosby fan before most Pens fans remembered where the bandwagon loaded. I took a week long job in Rimouski in February just to go see him play. And it's one friggin damp cold there in Feb.

B - not sure where you're going with that.....wasn't referring to Crosbys antics in junior, just your comparison to some new fan who doesn't know what they're talking about. As in don't compare me to some fat chick who doesn't know hockey, cause I was a Crosby fan before most Pens fans remembered where the bandwagon re-loaded. I took a week long job in Rimouski in February just to go see him play. And it's one friggin damp cold there in Feb.

B - wasn't referring to Crosbys antics in junior, just your comparison to some new fan who doesn't know what they're talking about. As in don't compare me to some fat chick who doesn't know hockey, cause I was a Crosby fan before most Pens fans remembered where the bandwagon loaded. I took a week long job in Rimouski in February just to go see him play. And it's one friggin damp cold there in Feb.

C'mon FC. That 'fat chick' was pure humor and not even done as a 'comparison'. No one is questioning your hockey knowledge.

I'm just tired of the blanket statements about him being a "spoiled brat" (et al) without any real examples...especially since his rookie campaign. Go a step further, efforts to tie in this series loss to issues other than bad play and bad coaching (not to mention the Bruins were kinda good and Rask was out of his mind).

Pens lost. Must be locker room issues.

Pens lost. Crosby must not be a good leader.

Pens lost. Crosby acted tough.

Pens lost. Crosby is spolied.

Pens lost. Crosby whines.

I'm sticking to my story. People can't just hate Crosby. They have to take things he has done and magnify them...even make them up.

C'mon FC. That 'fat chick' was pure humor and not even done as a 'comparison'. No one is questioning your hockey knowledge.

I'm just tired of the blanket statements about him being a "spoiled brat" (et al) without any real examples...especially since his rookie campaign. Go a step further, efforts to tie in this series loss to issues other than bad play and bad coaching (not to mention the Bruins were kinda good and Rask was out of his mind).

Pens lost. Must be locker room issues.

Pens lost. Crosby must not be a good leader.

Pens lost. Crosby acted tough.

Pens lost. Crosby is spolied.

Pens lost. Crosby whines.

I'm sticking to my story. People can't just hate Crosby. They have to take things he has done and magnify them...even make them up.

This. The latest craze it that Crosby was telling Bylsma how to make the lines. Source of the information? Twitter feeds from Rome wannabes who say just about anything to get their name mentioned. Result? Its the new Crosby bash. Everyone's talking about how spoiled he is again, and has no reason to be interfering with the coaching staff making the lineup. This all without ANY true source that it EVER happened.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that at some point, he's noticed something that's happening in the game and tells the coaching staff. ANY player would do that. But to say he was involved in pushing the lineup, or specifically his line, for specific players has NO basis in fact.

@B21

It's hard for any of us to call locker room issues when none of us are in there. Unless is plain obvious (like having Sean Avery on your team)

Crosby as a leader. His work ethic and skillset are unbeatable. That makes a good leader. He's gotten away from the whining for the most part, but still was off his game last year in postseason and for the first couple Bruins games this season. That's not a good leader. You can't expect a guy to be 100% great leader all the time. But as much as I think he's the best player in the world, he's nowhere near the best leader.

I don't blame the Pens loss on Crosby bumping Rask or trying to be tough against Giroux or whoever. But it's not his part to play. All it does it take his focus away from what he should be doing. If he feels the need to go bump the other teams goalie at the end of a period, something ain't right in Guino-ville.

The spoiled thing we've gone over.

Crosbys biggest problem with the whining thing is twofold. He did it in spades his first few years in the league, so he made a name for himself. And that face just magnifies it. When he's talking to the ref, he looks like he's whining.

This. The latest craze it that Crosby was telling Bylsma how to make the lines. Source of the information? Twitter feeds from Rome wannabes who say just about anything to get their name mentioned. Result? Its the new Crosby bash. Everyone's talking about how spoiled he is again, and has no reason to be interfering with the coaching staff making the lineup. This all without ANY true source that it EVER happened.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that at some point, he's noticed something that's happening in the game and tells the coaching staff. ANY player would do that. But to say he was involved in pushing the lineup, or specifically his line, for specific players has NO basis in fact.

That possibility was brought up on here by a Pens fan and noone else. And the only time I ever mentioned it was in that context, and that it was only a rumour.

That possibility was brought up on here by a Pens fan and noone else. And the only time I ever mentioned it was in that context, and that it was only a rumour.

FC, was not picking out you in regards to this. Its something that is popping up in other places too. But this is the kind of thing that happens all the time with Crosby. There was a rumor this year that he had helped get Rob Rossi taken off as the Pens beat writer because he had said some bad things about Crosby(Not for nothing, but Rossi I didn't even think understood hockey). And then we as Pens fans find ourselves once again defending a strawman argument that has no factual basis. It really gets tiring. Probably why we get testy sometimes in forums with topics defending Crosby. Probably why we kick our dogs so much too.

@flyercanuck

<< It's hard for any of us to call locker room issues when none of us are in there. Unless is plain obvious (like having Sean Avery on your team) >>

Read up, my friend. There is a lengthy thread...curiously in the Flyers section...saying just that.

<< Crosby as a leader. His work ethic and skillset are unbeatable. That makes a good leader. He's gotten away from the whining for the most part, but still was off his game last year in postseason and for the first couple Bruins games this season. That's not a good leader. You can't expect a guy to be 100% great leader all the time. But as much as I think he's the best player in the world, he's nowhere near the best leader. >>

Never said he was the 'best; leader. Not even close. But any shortcomings in that department are only part of the reason why the Pens lost. I'll add...this was a veteran-laden team with experience out the wazoo. The kind of leadership shouldn't really be needed. Which to me points to one thing as the primary reason: bad coach(ing).

<< I don't blame the Pens loss on Crosby bumping Rask or trying to be tough against Giroux or whoever. But it's not his part to play. All it does it take his focus away from what he should be doing. If he feels the need to go bump the other teams goalie at the end of a period, something ain't right in Guino-ville. >>

Or maybe....just spitballing...he was trying to get Rask and/or the Bruins off there game and nothing more? Not the right thing to do in hindsight. But something that the Flyers did last year with much success...goad the Pens into stupid penalties. Maybe it works on the Bruins? Why can't it be "just" that? Why does it have to have a deeper "something ain't right in Guino-ville" aspect to it? Dead horse...because it's Crosby and it is not enough just to hate him.

<< Crosbys biggest problem with the whining thing is twofold. He did it in spades his first few years in the league, so he made a name for himself. And that face just magnifies it. When he's talking to the ref, he looks like he's whining. >>

Now it's the way he looks? The hits just keep on coming. God forbid that be taken out the equation. ;)

Agree.

I mentioned it, too. Paul Alexander had mentioned it (as in a "could this be happening" context when the shuffling of the lines came up) on 93.7. He's a good media guy but has little inside access to the Pens. Pretty much a no smoke, no fire. And quickly dismissed by the other hosts which Alexander didn't take an issue with.

FC, was not picking out you in regards to this. Its something that is popping up in other places too. But this is the kind of thing that happens all the time with Crosby. There was a rumor this year that he had helped get Rob Rossi taken off as the Pens beat writer because he had said some bad things about Crosby(Not for nothing, but Rossi I didn't even think understood hockey). And then we as Pens fans find ourselves once again defending a strawman argument that has no factual basis. It really gets tiring. Probably why we get testy sometimes in forums with topics defending Crosby. Probably why we kick our dogs so much too.

Point taken. There are lots of times I'm on here and don't have a clue what someone is talking about (shut up rux) because it is geographically Pennsylvania related.

Now it's the way he looks? The hits just keep on coming. God forbid that be taken out the equation. ;)

You have to admit he has that Mathew Barnaby-like face you just want to punch when he gets upset. Some guys look mad, Sid looks like he's snivelling.

You have to admit he has that Mathew Barnaby-like face you just want to punch when he gets upset. Some guys look mad, Sid looks like he's snivelling.

I guess. But Rinaldo looks like an arrogant "check me out" punk and I'd like to think I am able to objectively critique him. Carcil....OK....got me on Carcillo.