Visors mandatory next season

flyercanuck

Just heard on the FAN590 that visors will be grandfathered into the league starting next season. I guess it was only a matter of time, and probably a good thing.

About time. A little too late for some. :(

I read this morning that Snider was among those voting today.

I agree with this. I think it's about time.

But haven't many of the players who got injured lately with pucks to the face been wearing visors? I seem to remember a few of them.

Whatever can be done to protect them is good.

But haven't many of the players who got injured lately with pucks to the face been wearing visors? I seem to remember a few of them.

@brelic,

I think it is more about protecting the players' eyes. Marc Staal, Manny Malholtra, & Chris Pronger all had eye injuries with prolonged effects/recovery times. None of them were wearing a visor but probably would have escaped (eye) injuries if they were.

• Like 1

Mouths, chins and cheeks can be fixed. Eyes are a different story. I'm in favor of the visors, although I don't think it should have been done with a mandate.

A few studies showing the effects of a puck with a visor and without, including long term affects, that every player must read and sign, would have probably done the trick.