8-2-2 or 13-9-3 - you decide

Guest canoli

Bryz has had his tryouts, and failed. The starters job was handed to him, and he handed it back. There shouldn't even be a discussion about this, it's so painfully obvious which goalie is earning his paycheck and which one is so grossly overpaid it's sickening.

The question is how do you handle the "grossly overpaid it's sickening" guy? Considering he's the one who happens to be under contract for eight more seasons with a NMC?

Without resorting to "ifs" and "mights" ("In a new CBA there might be a buyout clause and if so then...") - what's the best course of action?

Throw him under the bus. Then reverse over him and drive forward a few times?

I don't see them seriously buying him out until after next season at best - CBA notwithstanding.

Thoughts?

The question is how do you handle the "grossly overpaid it's sickening" guy? Considering he's the one who happens to be under contract for eight more seasons with a NMC?

Without resorting to "ifs" and "mights" ("In a new CBA there might be a buyout clause and if so then...") - what's the best course of action?

Throw him under the bus. Then reverse over him and drive forward a few times?

I don't see them seriously buying him out until after next season at best - CBA notwithstanding.

Thoughts?

Well.. Snider is quite influential in those league discussions.... I think we can pretty much bet there will be some new buyout clauses. But, to your point, I just can't see them totally giving up on him that quickly.

Buyout is a tough decision especially since we have Pronger to worry about.

Best bet is if he sits too long, he'll retire and go to the KHL.

Even with that I am not too sure how that works with the current CBA.

IIRC, Nylander did something similar with the Caps, and the salary came off the books. I remember being ultra-pissed about it, whatever it exactly was.

he was waived and then assigned to grand rapids, and then went overseas. the wonders of not having a NMC with a player.