Flyers acquire rights to Streit

Sorry bud! But look at the bright side! You guys did need a puck moving defenseman. He can do that. I bet you get at least two good years out of him.

But the real question is would Streit break the Top 6 in Pittsburgh?

:ph34r:

Well, they reportedly had three years, $5.5M per ($16.5M)

I'm now seeing 4 years, $21M for Streit. $5.25M per

Yeah, my math was off. I was guessing exactly what it appears to be. Hoping for 4 x 5, but oh well. This is not a horrible contract, despite what everyone seems to think. This is in no way comparable to the Briere/Pronger/Brzy deals. Cap hit is semi-reasonable for a player of Streit's caliber and the term is LESS than half a decade. Win. Remember, Timo is getting $6M and while he's better than Streit I think they're both in the same stratum. He wasn't going to sign for less than 3 years, so one more year isn't going to kill this franchise.

Look at it another way, the Flyers actually still have far more serious things to address (the draft, a.k.a. the future of the team) and the buyouts, not to mention re-signing some of there own players. I'm not losing any sleep over this one.

Sorry bud! But look at the bright side! You guys did need a puck moving defenseman. He can do that. I bet you get at least two good years out of him.

That's my thinking exactly. He will probably slip a bit, the last two years he won't have the same impact but it will be a similar situation as we have with Timonen now. Manage his minutes and hopefully by then replacements will be on the way. Preferably under 30 years of age.