Luongo to Philly?

Guest Hockey Junkie

Given the recent developements one must think Luongo could be high on Philly's list to replace their goalie? Or, no, I do not even want to think it. Miller? Na. Luongo. Well NHL.com has Luongo as the top prospect to go to philly. Miller 4th.

Only for a greatly reduced price. flyers need a safety net behind mason, not a rock star. Dumping Bryzgalov was all about the cap space and filling other needs.

Given the recent developements one must think Luongo could be high on Philly's list to replace their goalie? Or, no, I do not even want to think it. Miller? Na. Luongo. Well NHL.com has Luongo as the top prospect to go to philly. Miller 4th.

Luongo has a full NTC that he would need to waive to come to Philly if traded. A buyout is a different story...he can sign where ever he wants. I remember hearing rumors that his wife wants to go back to Florida (where she's from). I guess we'll see soon enough...

I guess the Panthers are on the short list also. But does he want to play for a team that does not have much hope?

The Flyers are no better then the Panthers imo, our defense stinks. Signing with Florida will save him on tax also, I don't see the Flyers winning the Cup until we get better dmans.

Markstrom is the goalie of the future in FLA. Unless the Panthers need a 5+ mill back up, I just don't see this, no matter how bad Roberto want's it to happen. Markstrom had some growing pains last year, but was the clear cut starter, is young, cheap and athletic. He gets at least 2-3 more years to prove he's legit as the Panthers build through the draft by sucking.

• Like 1