Petr Straka ?

mojo1917

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20130628_For_Straka__it_s_a_fantasy_on_ice.html

saw this this morning, Homer may hate second round draft picks but he doesn't do too badly when it comes to finding free-agents.

This fella has the pedigree, maybe our friends who follow the Q could weigh in about him.

http://www.philly.co...asy_on_ice.html

saw this this morning, Homer may hate second round draft picks but he doesn't do too badly when it comes to finding free-agents.

This fella has the pedigree, maybe our friends who follow the Q could weigh in about him.

"I've only met Mr. Voracek once," Straka said, "But I am hoping that I can phone him at some point this summer, perhaps meet him for dinner and find out what it's like to be a Flyer."

Sounds like a good kid.

Of course he's penciled into the Phantoms lineup, not sure which line but i'd venture to guess 1st line...unless he looks like he could start on the BIG club it will require him to stand out. It's happened before but i will remain cautiously optimistic with him. Sounds like he'll bring his lunch pail.

Flyers also have another of his teammates (Lamarche) that will join him on the Phantoms blueline.

He has good size and speed and should be adjusted to the north American style so he may not need much seasoning...time will tell. Homer has to make of for him trading away all their draft picks and prospects...he's done pretty well with the undrafted free agents...hope to do well at the draft too.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Curious as to how soon we could expect Straka & Cousins to make an impact for the Flyers at the NHL level.

I'd venture to guess maybe next year due to injuries that are part of the game...Flyers like to "reward" their players so if they earn it they will be given a shot when needed...

...honestly i prefer the guys on the BIG club to stay healthy...for once...

...we see what happened to the Bs once injuries caught up to them this year...health luck was more on the Hawks side this year.