Letang deal hit a snag?

ZeZel25

Minor detail... I doubt that holds it up. Not with that kind of money on board to stay here.

I dont think it's all that minor my friend. Letang wanted a NMC or NTC, whatever the heck it is so, he'd have stability. He's getting that money starting next year whether with the pens or not

I dont think it's all that minor my friend. Letang wanted a NMC or NTC, whatever the heck it is so, he'd have stability. He's getting that money starting next year whether with the pens or not

But he has said he wants to stay here and he got a limited NTC. He also got the term he wanted at just under his target figure. I'm thinking the verbal don't trade me for a year goes by the wayside as common sense sets in and he remembers its a business, and if he lives up to the paycheck they won't want to trade him anyway.

But he has said he wants to stay here and he got a limited NTC. He also got the term he wanted at just under his target figure. I'm thinking the verbal don't trade me for a year goes by the wayside as common sense sets in and he remembers its a business, and if he lives up to the paycheck they won't want to trade him anyway.

Time will tell I guess. I'd like to think this topic would have been covered in the negotiations when the topic of the NTC came up

Time will tell I guess. I'd like to think this topic would have been covered in the negotiations when the topic of the NTC came up

They've said all along there were things to sort out but this DOES sound like something Letang may have thrown in last minute.

I wonder how a "public" verbal agreement doesn't circumvent the CBA? Even if thge Pens wanted to accomodate this, I find it hard to believe they could

Well after they said it, they WINKED, so its okay.

I wonder how a "public" verbal agreement doesn't circumvent the CBA? Even if thge Pens wanted to accomodate this, I find it hard to believe they could

They did it over lunch. It's fine.

:ph34r:

• Like 1