Briere is talking to Sabres

Buffalo Rick

Yes he is also talking to other teams but one has to think Buffalo would have the edge where his heart is concerned? Those he did not like are gone. There was magic when he and Vanek were on the ice. Maybe he can bring back some damn magic. Why not. I think he realizes he should have stayed. His numbers would have been better. Ill bet Dallas is on that list too? Lindy Ruff and him did not have a problem. I once said I would never want to see him again. Now I may be willing to see him in camp.

I've been hearing the Islanders are interested in Briere which makes sense as he would still be close to his sons. I think Briere's best days are over. You are probably better off without him

I've been hearing the Islanders are interested in Briere which makes sense as he would still be close to his sons. I think Briere's best days are over. You are probably better off without him

No way does he chose the Island over Buffalo. Report is we are talkiing to Hodgeson now. What the hell is there to talk about. Sign him you idiots!! And Vanek and Miller. And Briere too. There are so many rumours nobody knows what to believe until its final. Tim Thomas? Is he going to play on the Island? Derick Roy is not going to be re signed by Vancouver. I wonder if he will go to Dallas again to join Lindy? I think the Wild should grab him as he has good chemistry with Pommenville. We all have to sweat for the next month or so. I know you guys are excited in Philly to get Lecavalier. And you should be. He is still good. Smart with the puck. Can he hell with Giroux on the PP. I know Briere let you guys down with injuries. But do you truly think he is done? How old would he be? I just get sick over the thought of losing Miller or Vanek. Sick

@Hockey Junkie

I think Briere wants to play for a few more years, he still should put up some points, but I just think his best days are done. And no I'm not excited about Vinny, his best days are behind him also and now we have another stinking overthehill contract.

I don't think the Wild will sign Roy. They don't even have cap space to sign Cullen at the moment.

Both the Flames and Islanders don't have a starting goalie. The only starter left is Bryz. I can see either team trying to acquire Miller and Halak.

I'd be shocked if Briere ends up back in Buffalo. Islanders seem like the most logical choice. close to his family, and they are a playoff team while the Sabres are in a rebuild.

I'd be shocked if Briere ends up back in Buffalo. Islanders seem like the most logical choice. close to his family, and they are a playoff team while the Sabres are in a rebuild.

Now wait just a minute there pal. The Islanders made the playoffs for the first time in how long? And now you are going to annoint them a playoff team? They may just as easily wind up sweeping the cellar again. And the Sabres are not without a chance if they are smart enough to retain Miller and Vanek and we know Ott is going no where. So do not comletely count the Sabres out and put teams like the islanders and florida in. None of us know how this will play out. There is alot of deals left before the puck drops. So lets wait and see how the teams look before we jump to conclustions. Tim Thomas by the way could wind up in Philly. I thought the Islanders had his rights? I think Roy will be signed somewhere. Why not Minnesota?

No way does he chose the Island over Buffalo

Not sure I agree with this part, but I absolutely agree with your Islanders/Sabres/playoff team thing.

I don't see the young up-and-coming nucleus thing in Buffalo that I do on the Islanders, but I wouldn't make the "islanders are a playoff team and the Sabres aren't" statement. If Buffalo adds Danny and one or two other pieces--they actually don't necessarily even have to be significant pieces--I think they've as good a chance at the playoffs as anyone.

I think it will come down to "back to the future" vs. "which is closer to my kids." I'm not sure how much an extra three hours on a drive will make that much difference, but it could come down to "NYC is closer to my kids."

No way does he chose the Island over Buffalo. Report is we are talkiing to Hodgeson now. What the hell is there to talk about. Sign him you idiots!! And Vanek and Miller. And Briere too. There are so many rumours nobody knows what to believe until its final. Tim Thomas? Is he going to play on the Island? Derick Roy is not going to be re signed by Vancouver. I wonder if he will go to Dallas again to join Lindy? I think the Wild should grab him as he has good chemistry with Pommenville. We all have to sweat for the next month or so. I know you guys are excited in Philly to get Lecavalier. And you should be. He is still good. Smart with the puck. Can he hell with Giroux on the PP. I know Briere let you guys down with injuries. But do you truly think he is done? How old would he be? I just get sick over the thought of losing Miller or Vanek. Sick

I know you're a Sabres fan, but they are in a rebuild right now. I'm not saying the Islanders are going to make the playoffs and the Sabres aren't, but right now the Isles are the better team. They have a young superstar and some other very good young players as well. Obviously they need to build on the blue line and sign a goalie, but they have a solid core.

And I don't know about Miller as much, but I know Vanek does not want to be a part of this rebuild. It won't surprise me if one of them, or if they both end up going. And after those two, this is a pretty weak team at the moment.

Now the future of the Sabres looks to be very bright, but as of now the Islanders are the better choice (geographically and success) for Briere.

• Like 1

@Hockey Junkie

rumor as per Eklund.......

Miller to the Islanders?

I am hearing STRONG rumors this hour that Ryan Miller may be heading to Long Island via trade.. The Lightning is also rumored a possibility...

Makes a lot of sense. Miller and Briere on the Island....... (you heard it here first ;) )