NHL jersey color swap

Guest peter puck

@B21

All those Southside places blended together for me.

QV wore black and gold. :( upside was that soccer goalies wear whatever colors they want. Downside was that I had to wear the normal jersey in class on game days. Felt so dirty.

@B21

All those Southside places blended together for me.

QV wore black and gold. :( upside was that soccer goalies wear whatever colors they want. Downside was that I had to wear the normal jersey in class on game days. Felt so dirty.

Understand. I grew up on the black and gold so of course I am a fan. SLS was green and gold (a.k.a. - yellow) which was a nice change of pace. Unfortunately, they went with black pants for the hockey team.

@B21

End of my junior year of high school, I moved to Virginia beach, where my new school colors were powder blue and yellow. Went from bad to worse.

what high school? I lived in Va Bch from 97-04. I used to live down near the Courthouse off of N. Landing Rd

Badass! When is the change official? The orange has always been too Cincinnati Bengals-ish.

you do realize that in order for the "swap" to be complete, the Penguins would have to don the O&B right? otherwise it's just a "change" for one team

;)

Edited by Spinorama

@pilldoc

First colonial. We moved there in 91, parents still live there, back behind middle plantation in little neck.

Ever play at Iceland near Pembroke?

no..sadly i did not. I lived in the bowling alley over by the mall on Lynnhaven Pkwy. use to golf with my buddies non stop after work during the summer. Did not venture over to Pembroke area that much. Did you go to many Admirals games? i had season tickets when they moved to the AHL. As I have made mention many times on here. I was on the ice crew and met many many players (Leighton, Anderson, D. Keith, Scuderi, C. Armstrong..lol hell I even remember Brysaster! ...many more I can't remember right now......

@pilldoc

only made it to a couple admirals games. i only lived there for a year before i moved to richmond for college (had season tickets to the echl renegades freshman year). olie kolzig was the goalie in norfolk at the time. one game i went to, he flipped a puck over the glass after warm ups, i caught it, and the 15 year old girl standing in front of me punched me in the face. gave her the puck. O_o

iceland was the admirals' practice rink back then (also, a complete ****hole), i worked there and played midget, was around the place a LOT, both that year and during summers when i moved back to the parents' place. they used to have after hours scrimmages that i'd play in once in a while, usually in the offseason, with a scattering of guys from different teams around the league looking for icetime. once, the raleigh icecaps' goalie was doing a clinic the next day, had a guy video taping him to use in the off ice portion of the clinic. except i played WAY better than him that night, the guy spent most of it taping me. the icecaps' goalie was pissed, decided to not use the tape at all. better than an echl goalie isn't much, but it was something ;)

@pilldoc

only made it to a couple admirals games. i only lived there for a year before i moved to richmond for college (had season tickets to the echl renegades freshman year). olie kolzig was the goalie in norfolk at the time. one game i went to, he flipped a puck over the glass after warm ups, i caught it, and the 15 year old girl standing in front of me punched me in the face. gave her the puck. O_o

iceland was the admirals' practice rink back then (also, a complete ****hole), i worked there and played midget, was around the place a LOT, both that year and during summers when i moved back to the parents' place. they used to have after hours scrimmages that i'd play in once in a while, usually in the offseason, with a scattering of guys from different teams around the league looking for icetime. once, the raleigh icecaps' goalie was doing a clinic the next day, had a guy video taping him to use in the off ice portion of the clinic. except i played WAY better than him that night, the guy spent most of it taping me. the icecaps' goalie was pissed, decided to not use the tape at all. better than an echl goalie isn't much, but it was something ;)

cool story! (pun not intended) :) Thanks for sharing.... The Admirals now practice over at the Chilled Ponds in Chesapeake....in case you were wondering.....