NHL jersey color swap

Guest peter puck

The Bengals wore Black Jerseys until 1980 or so.

Growing up a Flyer fan, I never really had an objective thought about the orange... it just was and I was. The one thing I always definitely and I think objectively appreciated was that it's pretty unique, at least in the NHL.

I'm glad they abandoned the Black Jerseys... for god's sake everyone has a black jersey. Especially in the late 90's early 00's. Why have different uniforms at all if everyone just wears the same colors.

I appreciate when the Penguins wear their baby blues and when the Canucks switched back to their expansion blue and greens.

I miss the Hartford Whalers absurd green unis, but not the Kings Yellow ones and if one more team in this league dons a friggin red jersey I'm gonna want to puke all over it.

Badass! When is the change official? The orange has always been too Cincinnati Bengals-ish.

• Like 1

Do the other teams have to wear shots with a Bull's Eye on the crotch so Scroz knows where to aim his underhanded punches?

out of all of them I think this is the most appropriate "swap"... particularly that little heart!

6232313.jpg

Edited by King Knut
  • Like 1

That first Flyers jersey made me ill!!! My first inclination is to burn the bastard jersey, not put it on!!! The only good thing that can come out of this is the Vancouver V jersey's will look better, I mean, how can they get worse?

There is just something SO wrong about that colour swap...the Flyers' orange is indeed unique for the NHL & should remain so...orange & Flyers are synonymous, why mess with it? (& no, I do NOT miss the Canucks' 'O-Henry' bar jerseys!!)

The Bengals wore Black Jerseys until 1980 or so.

Growing up a Flyer fan, I never really had an objective thought about the orange... it just was and I was. The one thing I always definitely and I think objectively appreciated was that it's pretty unique, at least in the NHL.

I'm glad they abandoned the Black Jerseys... for god's sake everyone has a black jersey. Especially in the late 90's early 00's. Why have different uniforms at all if everyone just wears the same colors.

I appreciate when the Penguins wear their baby blues and when the Canucks switched back to their expansion blue and greens.

I miss the Hartford Whalers absurd green unis, but not the Kings Yellow ones and if one more team in this league dons a friggin red jersey I'm gonna want to puke all over it.

Couldn't agree more about the black. I think that goes back to the rise of rap in the 1990's. Next thing you know, everyone is trying to get black into their uniforms.

I've just never liked orange and black...Bengals, Flyers, Princeton, Clairton H.S. (@aziz should get that one).