Canucks Host Ottawa in Heritage Classic 2014

goalnut3133

What do you guys think of Vancouver hosting the Senators next March for the regular season 'outdoor' game? It will take place at BC Place Stadium with the new 'retractable roof'. More than likely, it will be an indoor game due to the rainy weather that time of year, but nice to have that option now. Not sure how exciting of a game this would be, being that Van & Ottawa are not exactly historic rivals. I wouldn't say though that it would be better if it were Boston for a 're-match', cuz we'd get the TAR beaten out of us, I don't care WHO'S in goal! Islanders vs Rangers however would be a game to watch! The one plus I suppose is that tix will be cheaper than the regular season games at the inaffordable Rogers Arena. However, though, still not really exciting enough to make the effort, so I probably will just watch in HD on TV!

What once impressed me is now a big ol' "meh". The cash grab is obvious and is just turning me off. I may or may not watch the outdoor game, probably will, but it will not be marked on the calander like it was before....they cheapened the effect by adding games and letting the almighty buck take over.