Sochi Olympics

pilldoc

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=678195&navid=nhl:topheads

In case anyone was interested here are the Divisions for the Olympics.

Group A:

1. Russia
  2. Slovakia
  3. Slovenia
  4. United States

Group B:

1. Austria
  2. Canada
  3. Finland
  4. Norway

Group C:

1. Czech Republic
  2. Latvia
  3. Switzerland
  4. Sweden

Intial reaaction, the United States in Pool A has has the easier games. Canada in Pool B might have the toughest. Just MO.

@pilldoc Looks like Group's C and A seem to be the best. Canada only has Finland to contend with. Norway is respectable but not really a threat, not overly worried about Austria either...lol.

US has to worry about Russia and an improving Slovakia team. But Group C has the Czech and Sweden in there. Lativia will be crap and the Swiss will show moderate improvement. Seems like all the divisions only go 2 team deep, then it drops off to varying levels.

• Like 1

@pilldoc Looks like Group's C and A seem to be the best. Canada only has Finland to contend with. Norway is respectable but not really a threat, not overly worried about Austria either...lol.

US has to worry about Russia and an improving Slovakia team. But Group C has the Czech and Sweden in there. Lativia will be crap and the Swiss will show moderate improvement. Seems like all the divisions only go 2 team deep, then it drops off to varying levels.

Group C also has the Swiss team. A team that is well known for upsets. I would not be surprised at all if the Czech's ended up bowing out and Switzerland taking the second position in the group. I feel at this point the Swiss are more then capable of being moderate. Canada barely beat them in 2010 (took them to a shootout) and are coming off a silver medal at the last WHC. The group that played this year is a good indicator of the majority of the players we will in Sochi.
  • Like 3

Group C also has the Swiss team. A team that is well known for upsets. I would not be surprised at all if the Czech's ended up bowing out and Switzerland taking the second position in the group. I feel at this point the Swiss are more then capable of being moderate. Canada barely beat them in 2010 (took them to a shootout) and are coming off a silver medal at the last WHC. The group that played this year is a good indicator of the majority of the players we will in Sochi.

Welcome old friend :)

@Dgill

haha. I forgot you live in Halifax too. Nice win for the mooseheads eh? Pretty nice to watch the #1 and #3 overall picks their entire predraft season. I kinda prefer Drouin over Mackinnon(Even though Mackinnon is a beautiful Skater.) you must be beyond pleased to have grabbed Mack.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Samifan  Good call, the skelton is very exciting. Man, would it HURT to wipe out at that speed, I doubt they would even survive going head first like that, a gutsy sport is there ever was one! You could literally get killed just practising on any given day!