The New NHL: 20/50 nets $4+M?

radoran

@B21 I think it's a fair to conclude that Neal benefits pts wise from playing with a star like Malkin, as almost any player would. He's a nice player with or with out Malkin, but when you look at his pt totals for the Stars and then the Pens, it's obvious he gained roughly 10-15 more goals by playing with Malkin. Looks like he gave the Pens a bit of a hometown discount, which was a much needed cap break for you guys. 40 goal scorers that are young like Neal could easily get 6-7 mill a year in the current cap scenario.

Agree but I still think he is a lot better than those players previously mentioned. He was a young player trending up when the Pens aquired him. It's not a Dupuis situation where a guy has career years in his mid-30's after being added to Crosby's line. So...he's still a bargain at $5,000,000. ;)

@B21 I think it's a fair to conclude that Neal benefits pts wise from playing with a star like Malkin, as almost any player would. He's a nice player with or with out Malkin, but when you look at his pt totals for the Stars and then the Pens, it's obvious he gained roughly 10-15 more goals by playing with Malkin. Looks like he gave the Pens a bit of a hometown discount, which was a much needed cap break for you guys. 40 goal scorers that are young like Neal could easily get 6-7 mill a year in the current cap scenario.

In fairness, he also got more goals just because the Penguins allow players a bit more offensive freedom than the stars and gave Neal a bit more PP time, but for the most part, I agree.

In fairness, he also got more goals just because the Penguins allow players a bit more offensive freedom than the stars and gave Neal a bit more PP time, but for the most part, I agree.

One of the only knocks against Neal while in the 'burgh is the fact that he is NOT scoring enough at even strength on Malkin's line. His biggest asset has been the one time shot off from the faceoff circle on the power play(or the set faceoff play at the top of the circle at even strength)