ALEX PIETRANGELO still unsigned RFA (updated signed)

Mario99

As a Wings fan I desperately wish we had the cap space to make a move for him, Brendan Smith, Nyquist and a pack of picks. He would be the replacement for the perfect human that we really need. There was only one Lidstrom but Pietrangelo is a superstar and would make ANY team better.

@hf101  6.5 a year is very fair. It's not market value, but does take into account the financial situation of the Blues, while still recognizing his stellar skill set. He very well could have done a lot better for himself by signing a high bridge contract and just leaving when the long term deal came into play. Nice to see some loyalty from Alex, it really is an acknowledgement of the smaller market that the Blues cater to, and shows some sympathy for their situation. He will go down as one of the all time greats at his position, and maybe even surpass Doughty as the best young d-men in the game.

I'm sorry, it took me so long,  It's hard to find a good forum and I really don't like joining new forums without really making sure, but, this seems like a good fit and I think there will be alot of great discussions that I look forward to being part of, I hope to be a strong part of the success of this very interesting forum. 

• Like 1

@stlbluesfan4ever

Welcome to the forum!!

As a Wing fan I have seen quite a bit of your Blues over the past forty plus years, from Bernie Federko to present. I like the way the team is built, was not a fan of trading Perron, still do not understand it, he is a Bob Gainey type and I know he is a bit fragile but plays as good of a 200 foot game as anyone in the NHL.

Pietrangelo locked up is exactly what you guys needed, I was hoping that the Wings would find a way of stealing him, lol. Good luck this year, I believe the division got a whole lot easier, the Wings are the Wings and the Jackets are up and coming, losing them and adding teams like the Jets, Dallas and Colorado will only help you guys. I see a huge rivalry brewing with the Wild.

Overall, a lot to look forward to this season for you guys.