Tim Hortons Unveils Barrie Colts donut

Guest flyercanuck

LOL! Sorry, only available on gameday. If anyone wants I'll see if I can get some autographed by Ekblad.

http://www.barriecolts.com/article/tim-hortons-unveils-new-barrie-colts-donut

FC this may seem like a stupid question but remember i'm down south here in North America and have never been to canada...but is this company named after the Tim Horton that played for the Leafs? Thanks and that is the end of the dumb questions. For now.

And how are their doughnuts compared to say a Krispy Kreme or Dunkin???

Myself it don't get better than a krueller (cake like) from Krispy Kreme!!

That is a bomb diggity doughnut if i ever had one....

1) Yes, the franchise is named after the famous Tim Horton... I believe it's now owned by some mega-corp like everything else though.

2) Their donuts used to great!...they were made and baked fresh at each location.  Now they're all made at some mega-corp location and then frozen, then shipped out to locations to be warmed up.  lame!!

3) I don't mind a honey krueller either... but I'm more of a boston cream man :-)

Edited by fishbulb

@OccamsRazor  Horton's widow sold all the rights to every franchise for a tad over a million in the late seventies, they are now worth billions. She got taken to the cleaners.

Just where the donuts are made varies. I have buddies who actually make the donuts in Windsor, then they distribute them to the other stores in the area, not frozen....there are approx 25 Tim Horton's in Windsor and 5 of them bake for all the stores.

@OccamsRazor  Horton's widow sold all the rights to every franchise for a tad over a million in the late seventies, they are now worth billions. She got taken to the cleaners.

Just where the donuts are made varies. I have buddies who actually make the donuts in Windsor, then they distribute them to the other stores in the area, not frozen....there are approx 25 Tim Horton's in Windsor and 5 of them bake for all the stores.

Thank you all....i feel smarter now...i was wondering if it was the same Tim Horton. Sad his wife got taken to the cleaners on that one.

Yes, I agree with @jammer2, the Tim's in a suburb of Vancouver near where I live looks like they bake their donuts fresh through the day as they have a large facility in the back of the shop...so it varies from store to store it seems.

@OccamsRazor FYI- there are also some in the States, I actually found a couple in south Philly on their site for instance, cuz one of the forum members here had told me that there were some in their state, to my surprise.

I still prefer Tim's coffee any day to Starbuck's, (it's just too strong I find), unless it's one of the fancy schmancy coffees like their Cafe Mocha which I do like.