Lavi's Leash

brelic

Lavvy already is the longest-tenured coach since Shero.

Wow, that's a little disturbing.

Which, for a team spending to the cap every year, is really astounding when you think about it.

Which, as in the non-cap world, again proves that you can't just throw money at the problem and hope to solve it.

Wow, that's a little disturbing.

Which, as in the non-cap world, again proves that you can't just throw money at the problem and hope to solve it.

OK, technically, Keenan has 320 games to Lavvy's 269, but they've had the same number of seasons (Keenan had a longer partial - I did a quick appraisal of "number of seasons"). Unless Lavvy gets canned early, he should pass Keenan in games this season.

Lavvy passed the #3 guy on the list last season. Some guy named "Holmgren".

The train of coaches has end sometime. yes if the flyers stumble, am sure there is always a chance in flyerland, but i think lavy is their guy

Lavs is their guy until he's not their guy ;) It will happen, guaranteed, as it eventually befalls every coach in the NHL. The question is when. If the Flyers do well, then obviously he's the guy you want to keep around.

The only thing I was saying when I started this thread was that I believe Lavy will not be their guy if he's 3-7 or worse after the first 10 games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never thought it would happen that fast. As discussed in other threads, that means he should have been fired last spring.

Agreed. Just thought about this thanksgiving exchange last night. Never in a million years would have thought it would be this quick