Anthony Stolarz

Guest iban3z

I want to start a following on Goalie Prospect Anthony Stolarz. I think he's going to be a great Goalie in the future and I think it would be cool to say, "Hey I followed that guy in Juniors!" So feel free to talk about him, his play, etc....

Here's his info from OHL Website:

Anthony Stolarz
London Knights
blank.gif

Name Anthony Stolarz / Number 43 / Position Goaltender / Shoots Left /  Height 6.06  / Weight 220 /  Birthdate January 20, 1994 

OHL Priority Selection: LDN Free Agent 2012 - U. Nebraska-Omaha (CCHA)

NHL Entry Draft: PHL 2012 (2nd Rnd, 45th)

Previous Clubs: New Jersey Hitmen Jr.A. (EmJHL) & Corpus Christi Ice Rays Jr.A. (NAHL)

Season   Team                               GP        GA            Mins    Saves    GAA          SV %      W     L   OTL

2013-14 London Knights                2              3              120         66     1.50        0.957       2     0     0

2012-13 London Knights                20           44           1153       508      2.29       0.920      13    3     1            

Total:                                                22         47           1273       574      2.22      0.924      15     3     1            

Playoffs:

2013       London Knights                18            47           1115       562     2.53        0.923     13   4      1             

Total:                                              18           47           1115       562     2.53        0.923     13   4      1              

And his college Stats: (From HockeyDB.com)

Season Team Lge                              GP A PIM Min    GA EN SO GAA W  L  T  Svs     Pct
2011-12 Corpus Christi IceRays NAHL 50 4   4   2939 139  0   3  2.84  23 22 4 1602   0.920 
2012-13 U. of Nebraska-Omaha WCHA 8  0   0  421    18    0 1   2.56   2 5 0 1   58     0.898    

He played on a stacked London Knights team last year that should be equally stacked this year (not up on all NHL cuts but assume Horvat, Zadorov etc will be back) I watched him play several times and saw a big goalie. He was absolutely terrible in the finals against Barrie...I mean Bryzgalov-terrible.

I don't think he was used to the grind of an OHL regular season/playoff. Maybe this year he is in better shape to handle a pro-type schedule. I hope for the sake of the Bob trade we get something out of trading away a Vezina winner.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@iban3z

London is one of those teams certain players will profess to go to the NCAA then magically change their mind when London drafts them . Or players will go there from college. Cash may be involved :huh:

They have, what 3 defencemen drafted in the first round into the NHL, and at least that many forwards.

Looking at stats, Stolarz looks good. Watching him play, he looks like a big goalie playing in front of a stacked team. Bryz looked great playing in front of a sound defensive team in Phoenix. As i said, I hope Stolarz turns out. But London wouldn't have gone to the Memorial Cup last year had they left Stolarz in net against Barrie. (or had Branch not gone on a "suspend Colts mission" throughout the playoffs)

Heck, our junior goalie has a 2.10 GAA and a .919 save percentage and he's 1-4.