Anthony Mantha

TimKerrFan12

Hey Mario99....I know u were given a bit of a hard time on here for you desire to draft Mantha. He is looking pretty good in the Q this year so far. With Val'Dor his stats are Games 9, Goals 16, Assists 12 for 28 pts. He is setting quite the pace. Still doesn't mean he will be an NHLer, but I would like to have him in our system now.

@TimKerrFan12  It was a really smart pick for Detroit from where they were drafting. For the Flyers, it would have been a tremendous reach, but for the Wings....a 6'3 50 goal scorer, why not take the gamble? If you miss it's not the end of the world, you took your shot, but his upside is fairly high. He could be a bust or star, but the Wings made the right move.

• Like 2

Um, he was available at 11. Am I missing something?

No Flyers did the right thing, they need blueline help in the near future and once Morin adds the weight he'll be exactly what they need...Mantha at #11 would have been a reach....for Detroit where they got him it was a good pick. Flyers don't really have a problem finding forwards....Dmen is the hard part for the Flyers. Now they have 2 great prospects in Morin and Hagg. They will blossom with time.

No Flyers did the right thing, they need blueline help in the near future and once Morin adds the weight he'll be exactly what they need...Mantha at #11 would have been a reach....for Detroit where they got him it was a good pick. Flyers don't really have a problem finding forwards....Dmen is the hard part for the Flyers. Now they have 2 great prospects in Morin and Hagg. They will blossom with time.

Agreed.

Mantha is the real deal and I will be the first to admit I gave/give Mario **** but I love the kid.... If he were available at 11 it was a no brainer...

Can we trade coots for Mantha?

Um, he was available at 11. Am I missing something?

meh...  win some and lose some...   forgot.  

"Senior moment" there Ed?

Yes sir!   I was actually confusing Mantha w/ Nich... not sure why but that was the issue.  In light of losing my capactiy to recall the past I would have still drafted a dman at 11... basically, throw my prior post out the window!

• Like 1

Kerr, sorry to reply late but Detroit always seems to draft pretty good but guys who do what Luke Schenn do ( drafted 5th overall)

And maybe Morin (offensive instincts in doubt) grow on trees, but the sniper with Mike Bossy hands are harder to find

I would take a chance on a goal scorer sniper with soft hands than worry if my defensman can score, by drafting Morin at 11th

He should be a two way d man who scores 10 goals and at least 25 assists that's why Coburn went so high in front of Phaneuf

The scouts all saw how Coburn skates and his size and drafted him high but Coburn has no offensive instincts see Joni Pitkanen

But at least Pitkanen scored 40 points or more in 3 seasons

Thanks for the nice words.