Injury Update 10/18

hf101

Kimmo Timonen (lower body) remains day-to-day, Holmgren said, adding he is expected at Monday’s practice. Consensus among the staff is Timonen was not injured when hooked on the Penguins' first goal, but after being checked by Tanner Glass later in the second period. … Vinny Lecavalier (lower body) and Scott Hartnell (upper body) both will skate by themselves Sunday morning before joining teammates at the Eagles-Cowboys game. … Emery and Jakub Voracek each had a maintenance day off the ice. Both have minor aches, Berube indicated. ... The Flyers are off for the weekend.

source  -- (don't be deceived by the title folks) 

I thought Emery had some sort of an injury, that update confirmed it.

Hopefully this break will allow the team to work on a number of things.  I do think the Rangers are a beatable team without Callahan.

source  -- (don't be deceived by the title folks

I thought Emery had some sort of an injury, that update confirmed it.

Hopefully this break will allow the team to work on a number of things.  I do think the Rangers are a beatable team without Callahan.

ZOMG.

You could get better news from 1950s Pravda at this point.

Really?!? You have a new head coach, a week without games, and a chance to have a "mini-camp" so all the players get used to the new systems and they're taking the weekend off?!? What am I missing here?

Letting them get away and clear their heads / reset could make for an excellent week of practice. I think they are still skating and training though.

Only Hartnell would get hurt & be out 4 weeks with nobody touching him.

Put Vinny in that class to, guys who are to be the stars of your team get hurt when nobody checks them
SMH, LOL if your out 4 weeks make it count get hit against the boards or an open ice hit

Don Cherry says old players get hurt and take long to heal meaning don't sign old players to long deals

Edited by ruxpin
Placing it in a thread where it makes sense rather than having another thread

Who cares about what Don Cherry says? He's just "entertainment".

This.

But not only that, since when is it earth shattering news--or even particularly insightful--to say "older people take longer to heal."  Um....really?