Should Flyers pursue P.K. Subban?

@fanaticV3.0

I don't think Subban is unhappy in Montreal at all. I think he loves it there. I think management just wants him to become more responsible defensively.

(note: even though Subban played junior in the OHL this statement is solely my opinion and NOT bs excuses or favoritism)

So the article about him having some issues with his coach is basically untrue?

@fanaticV3.0

His coach wants him to avoid going out of his way to make the big hit and to work harder on playing in his own end. He loves playing for the Habs and living in Montreal. So no, he's not unhappy in Montreal.

See how I did that without saying you're full of @#$% or suggesting you're an idiot? Maybe try it and you won't have fires started all over the board. Or not.

• Like 1

@fanaticV3.0

His coach wants him to avoid going out of his way to make the big hit and to work harder on playing in his own end. He loves playing for the Habs and living in Montreal. So no, he's not unhappy in Montreal.

See how I did that without saying you're full of @#$% or suggesting you're an idiot? Maybe try it and you won't have fires started all over the board. Or not.

All I did was ask a question about an article somebody else posted. Someone posted something (an actual article by a journalist) say he's unhappy. You are claiming it is not true and I asked why. If that question hurt your feelings or made you feel threatened you might want to work on being a little less fragile.

@fanaticV3.0

If you really think my response was solely based on this thread or discussions just between you and I...I can't help you. Carry on.

Hey listen, I really like you either, but you don't see me crying and stomping my feet because of some earlier encounter. All I did was ask you why you were claiming the OP and the article he linked to was not true in your mind. If you can't answer that without sounding like the wife who brings up the same 5 year old fight every time we engage one another, you might as well avoid my posts.

@fanaticV3.0

I'm not crying and stomping my feet. Trying to keep the board civil, while you can't even see that people are throwing your own comments back at you and you're taking offence to it. Yet you don't have a problem with using your condescending bs whenever you disagree with someone. Ok, it's been pointed out to you now by several people but just keep ignoring it.

• Like 1

@fanaticV3.0

I'm not crying and stomping my feet. Trying to keep the board civil, while you can't even see that people are throwing your own comments back at you and you're taking offence to it. Yet you don't have a problem with using your condescending bs whenever you disagree with someone. Ok, it's been pointed out to you now by several people but just keep ignoring it.

By starting a fight on another thread because of something I said here? That's an interesting approach.Immature and petty, but interesting.

You done now or do you plan on contradicting yourself some more? If you do, I'd appreciate a heads up, because frankly this is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Edited by fanaticV3.0

@fanaticV3.0

Wow! Just wow.

Let...me...spell ..it...out....slowly.

Which response do you prefer?

1, While I respect your opinion I'm going to have to disagree with you here....or

2. Listen bub, I don't give a @#$% what you think. Stop your bs excuses or you're an idiot.

Does one of those seem more like a discussion and the other one more like an insult?

I wonder if PK can be had for money this summer ?

If it is just money, the new Flyers GM should try to throw a lot of it at him.

Really , i am not comfortable giving up blood for him, but i could give up treasure.

Timmo and Mezaros both come off the books that's a cool 10 million in cap space. **** depth bring in the superstar !

The Flyers should try to trade for Subban. I'd imagine Luke Schenn, a decent prospect, and a pick should do the trick. 

I said a few weeks ago I would trade Couturier for him. I'd have a harder time making that decision today, I won't lie about that, but I might still do it. Impact defenseman are simply harder to find and he's young. He could be a cornerstone for years.

What I would do though is take a long hard look at Couturier and Laughton and think about both of their places with the team. Right now they have G, Schenn, and Couturier down the middle. There is literally no place for Laughton on the team right now. If they think he projects better than Couturier, I defnitely trade me 3rd line center and some change for an impact defenseman. Throw in a pick - which might look good coming from the Flyers given the state of the team - too.

Emery might have some value to somebody too. Maybe not to Montreal, but somebody else.

I wonder if PK can be had for money this summer ?

If it is just money, the new Flyers GM should try to throw a lot of it at him.

Really , i am not comfortable giving up blood for him, but i could give up treasure.

Timmo and Mezaros both come off the books that's a cool 10 million in cap space. **** depth bring in the superstar !

If he makes it to the summer and is unsigned, I throw a ton of money at him. I hate overspending and am usually against it, but he's young - and like you said - they're going to have some money.

It really depends on how unhappy he is in Montreal.The talk in the beginning of the year - hence this thread - was that there's problems. Now all of a sudden a few are saying he isn't? News to me. I have no idea. What I do know is that if I'm Homer I'm watching that situation like a Hawk.

• 1 month later...

Nah. On the exterior, he seems like a nice enough guy, but I'm just not as high on PK as PK is himself. Like cornerback Richard Sherman of the Seattle Seahawks, PK has loads of 'imagery' and 'posturing', (i.e., loads of 'bluster'), but sadly, when push comes to shove, there ain't nobody home, and that's exactly what I predict for the Seahawks this weekend against the Broncos. Despite all of his bluster about being the best cornerback in the history of the game, Richard Sherman and his esteemed Seahawks are likely lose this campaign, because its about walking-the-walk, not talking-the-talk.

• 2 weeks later...
Nah. On the exterior, he seems like a nice enough guy, but I'm just not as high on PK as PK is himself. Like cornerback Richard Sherman of the Seattle Seahawks, PK has loads of 'imagery' and 'posturing', (i.e., loads of 'bluster'), but sadly, when push comes to shove, there ain't nobody home, and that's exactly what I predict for the Seahawks this weekend against the Broncos. Despite all of his bluster about being the best cornerback in the history of the game, Richard Sherman and his esteemed Seahawks are likely lose this campaign, because its about walking-the-walk, not talking-the-talk.

Hindsight being perfect and all...

The Seahawks were bigger , faster and the better team 1-53... I couldn't even come up with the MVP, it was such a team effort.

Sherman has been the top corner in the league since Revis got hurt, I can't think of anyone playing the position better the last year and a half.

Can you think of anyone playing better than him ?