Zadarov to Jrs and three sent to Rochester

Buffalo Rick

Grigorenko's conditioning assignment was rejected by the NHL

I read that and didn't understand it. (At my age, that happens often).

What happened?

Did the league not believe he needed rehab?

Edited by blocker

I read that and didn't understand it. (At my age, that happens often).

What happened?

Did the league not believe he needed rehab?

Actually it is kinda interesting and laughable at the same time.

According to article 13.8 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the Commissioner’s office “may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan.” It appears the NHL has done exactly that here.

The league concluded that Mikhail Grigorenko did not have "general body soreness" and was not eligible for conditioning loan.

Also: 

Grigorenko, 19, was one of the four rookies sent packing from Buffalo on Tuesday, along with Rasmus Ristolainen, Johan Larsson and Nikita Zadorov. Ristolainen and Larsson went to Rochester while Zadorov was returned to OHL London — but the Grigorenko situation was a bit trickier.

While he could’ve also been sent back to junior, his QMJHL team, the Quebec Remparts, already has two imports, and it’s not allowed any more. That means a trade will need to occur, either sending Grigorenko, or another import, to a different club.

Because of the AHL-CHL agreement — CHL prospects must remain in major junior until they are 20 or have played four full seasons before playing in the American League — Grigorenko isn’t able to play for Rochester full-time. The Sabres hoped to get him some games there on the aforementioned conditioning stint.

source

the league smelled a rat and found a rat    :P