What is LaFontaine waiting for? Xmas?

Buffalo Rick

WTF?  Is he going to find a GM or wait until the season ends?  Does this have to do with permission to talk to assistant GM's?  Anyone here know?  Meanwhile, they seem to play with spirit and Miller makes the scores look respectable.  He deserves that Olympic start.  His only real competition is injured.  Quick.  

Maybe he's waiting for the Lumina to warm up? What's the rush...your season is lost. I'd want him to take his time and make sure he gets it right.

My thoughts exactly, as long as a GM is in place for the draft process, they should be ok. UFA period is after the draft, so that should not be a problem...they should take their time and get this right.

My thoughts exactly, as long as a GM is in place for the draft process, they should be ok. UFA period is after the draft, so that should not be a problem...they should take their time and get this right.

Well, yes, but there is the question of managing the team through the end of the season.

There will likely be some opportunities to get more of those precious, precious draft picks in exchange for actual NHL players, for example.

I don't mind the Sabres taking the "build from the ground floor" approach, but there is a point at which you have to start drawing up blueprints and then put some shovels into the soil.

They did a bang-up job with the two Cranes outside the F'N Center (those would be Niles and Frasier, btw) - but they have to get going on building the on-ice product as well as the ice sheets for them to skate on.