Flyers in 5th at halfway point

brelic

Hard to say... he'd be considered, but wouldn't make the shortlist, IMO. The only way that happens, is if the Flyers won the division or something that dramatic.

I'd say we're a few years away from becoming a real contender. Give Schenn, Couturier, and the other youngins a few more years of experience, which coincides with Giroux's prime, and I'd say by then we should have at least one of our young defensemen in the fray (Morin, Hagg or Ghost), I'd guess that Alt might be playing here as well. 

Of course, Homer's just as likely to blow up the squad again and go in a different direction. So, there's that. I'm not even kidding when I say that. I wish I were.

I agree with you here...which makes the Streit & VLC signings seem pretty foolish. When our good young players are really ready for primetime, those two will be ready for buyouts...which won't be of the amnesty type this time.

• Like 1

I agree with you here...which makes the Streit & VLC signings seem pretty foolish. When our good young players are really ready for primetime, those two will be ready for buyouts...which won't be of the amnesty type this time.

And buyouts won't really matter with Streit, anyway...

I will give credit where it is due... they are playing some good hockey and are showing some real promise.  They are still nowhere near a contender in my book but I like the youth and would like to see this group remain in tact and develop together.    I still think they are a product of the division...   this division is simply very bad.   

They're not going to be this year either, but it's a work in progress. If they simply make the POs this year, that alone is a nice step.

But there's no way that's him, right? Was he from Chicago? Can't remember... 

I have no idea whether he was native to Philly or a transplant. I think some people from the board actually met up and would know more than me about him.

That's not him :)

And, if i recall correctly, he was a native of every city he's ever lived in. Just ask anyone from Atlanta.