Moulson on the Block

hf101

Despite Moulson's 2 goals on the first day in a Sabres uni, I believe I was right, Moulson's stats were indeed tied to Tavares, and anybody acquiring him had better have a superstar center to play with him.

But that's pretty much true of any winger.

I think Moulson's probably a 20-25 goal guy who can be a 30-goal scorer with "the right center."

As for Tavares, Vanek scored at .526/game in 38 games with the Sabres last season with Cody Hodgson. In 32 games this year with Tavares, he's at a .375/game clip...

@radoran  Yeah, maybe true for any winger, but Moulson was especially dependent on Tavares. He only scored one goal in his final 3 years on Island when Tavares was not on the ice....ha ha...that was probably a late line change. Usually guys can switch lines, drop from pp1 to pp2 and not skip much of a beat...that was not the case with Mouslon.  

@radoran  Yeah, maybe true for any winger, but Moulson was especially dependent on Tavares. He only scored one goal in his final 3 years on Island when Tavares was not on the ice....ha ha...that was probably a late line change. Usually guys can switch lines, drop from pp1 to pp2 and not skip much of a beat...that was not the case with Mouslon.  

Hard to make a direct comparison, given that Hodgson has missed so much time this season. I'm interested to see how he develops from here. He does have points in 2 of 3 games since Hodgson came back.

I think it's fair to see what Moulson does with Hodgson back.   There is very very little in Buffalo to play with and worse if Hodgson is out.

I do think a drop off in stats from playing with Tavares was fair to expect, though.  What's more odd than Moulson is Vanek's drop off.

I think Moulson could be a very good asset at the trade deadline for the right team, although I think a first AND a player is a bit much.  Maybe not.

Is it fair to say that whether Moulson has scored for Buffalo or not that this trade was more of a disaster for the Islanders?

Is it fair to say that whether Moulson has scored for Buffalo or not that this trade was more of a disaster for the Islanders?

Given that their "win now" move has them at the bottom of the division, eight points out of a playoff spot with less than half the season to go.

Absosmurfly.

But, hey, they are the "hottest team in the league" according to some sources... With any luck, they could challenge Columbus for sixth.

• Like 1