Leier wins whl player of week

Claude Monet

I will keep you guys posted of how he looks. The kid is a gamer.

Here is a good read on him.

Some of it...

He does a lot of things really well, but I wouldn't say anything is spectacular. Even though he's not the biggest kid on the ice he's not afraid to go in the corners, and surprisingly he wins a lot of those battles. He always seems like he comes out of the corners with the puck. Yes, he is currently playing on the top line with Petan and Bjorkstrand. Don't let his playing with Portland's top offensive players this year fool you into thinking he doesn't create on his own. He plays on the PK, and even saw PK time his rookie year. In his first season here he played on 3rd/4th line and still put up .5 PPG while being counted on to shut down opponents top lines.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/flyers-top-25-under-25/2014/2/14/5403350/philadelphia-flyers-midterm-top-25-under-25-taylor-leier-portland-winterhawks

I look forward to him revving up the Phantoms next year he and Laughton will mmake nice new additions. 

Stolarz will join them for some much needed injection of skill at what they do.

@OccamsRazor  Tyler and Scott would immediately become the best Phantom players....which would be great, cause they will get pp time right out of the gate. For young players in their first year of pro involvement, handling the puck in pp situations tends to build confidence with the puck, and allows them space to create and experiment. One of the few bright spots coming out of the fact our AHL squad is total garbage. 

@OccamsRazor  Tyler and Scott would immediately become the best Phantom players....which would be great, cause they will get pp time right out of the gate. For young players in their first year of pro involvement, handling the puck in pp situations tends to build confidence with the puck, and allows them space to create and experiment. One of the few bright spots coming out of the fact our AHL squad is total garbage.

I wonder if Ghost will join them could use his puck skillz on the pp as well, they could use him in every situation. Wonder if Bourdon will be resigned?

@OccamsRazor  I can't see Bourdon NOT being resigned. The org has given up time and money thus far, it would be a shame to see him go somewhere else and finally be successful. He's not in a strong bargaining position, factoring in the injuries, he should get a one year "show me you can stay healthy deal". He should be top pairing on the Phantoms and be in line for a injury call up. If Grossmann is gone, like most figure he will be, the Flyers might be able to use his physical skill set, so another positive for him. Plus, he combines physicality with a nice shot, a combo the Flyers don't currently have. Lot's of reasons right there to keep him around.

@OccamsRazor  I can't see Bourdon NOT being resigned. The org has given up time and money thus far, it would be a shame to see him go somewhere else and finally be successful. He's not in a strong bargaining position, factoring in the injuries, he should get a one year "show me you can stay healthy deal". He should be top pairing on the Phantoms and be in line for a injury call up. If Grossmann is gone, like most figure he will be, the Flyers might be able to use his physical skill set, so another positive for him. Plus, he combines physicality with a nice shot, a combo the Flyers don't currently have. Lot's of reasons right there to keep him around.

So who would replace Grossmann? I hope Ollie he would bring some size and better skating maybe not as physical as Gross but could do the job.

They really need to get off to a good start once they start back. Most of the team is rested. No reason not to get the ice skating hard. Not much room for error in tye standings. One 3 or 4 game losing streak could doom them.