Isles Nation to Protest "SnoWang" Saturday

hf101

Fans are mad and they aren't going to take it anymore so they have planned a protest Saturday when the Islanders take on the Sabres.  They plan to wear their jerseys inside out, and paper bags on their heads, and they don’t want anyone buying food at the game in support of ownership.

From Isles Nation:

We are protesting the inept Isles organization and management, led by owner Charles Wang and GM Garth Snow. We are protesting the lack of progress of Garth Snow’s rebuild that has dragged out for way too long. We are protesting the lack of accountability surrounding this organization. We are protesting the constant salary of this team being at or near the NHL mandated cap floor.

The chants that will be done during the game are as follows:

With 16:00 remaining in every period, we will chant: WANG MUST SELL
With 12:00 remaining in every period, we will chant: SNOW MUST GO
With 8:00 remaining in every period, we will chant: FIRE CAPPY
With 4:00 remaining in every period, we will chant: WE WANT ANSWERS

Have to say good for the fans, the return for Vanek at the deadline was horrible.  Snow needs to go.   

Fans are mad and they aren't going to take it anymore so they have planned a protest Saturday when the Islanders take on the Sabres.  They plan to wear their jerseys inside out, and paper bags on their heads, and they don’t want anyone buying food at the game in support of ownership.

From Isles Nation:

Have to say good for the fans, the return for Vanek at the deadline was horrible.  Snow needs to go.   

If they can get a good turn-out for this it would be AWESOME to see and hear!  I guess I may have to tune into the game at the designated times to see if I can pick up the chants on TV.

Not sure what's funnier...that the fans are doing this, or Isles Nation.

I hope the fans can get a good turn out for this. The only  real recourse you have against an owner/gm is to embarrass them worse than they embarrass themselves....especially if you can do it on TV.

Isles Nation...for their sakes I hope that is not just referring to the 2 bozos who hang out at the tunnel entrance trying to get acknowledgement from the players....

@flyerrod

Well we know they have 4-5000 on Long Island....and there's that kid in Winnipeg...and my friend Jeff. Not really a nation is it?

The people who own the Causeway Diner Restaurant here on Merritt Island are from there and I know their son is a big fan. I have had several convos with him about his rebuilding team. I can guarantee you he would be willing to fly up and join the protest as it were.