Prospect Stolarz's London Knights start their quest for the Memorial Cup

Flyers goalie prospect Anthony Stolarz and his London Knights start their quest to win the Memorial Cup as they play against Jammer2's Windsor Spitfires. Should be a good series.

Flyerscanuck: Looks like your Barrie Colts will be facing the Sudbury Wolves in the first round, eventhough I live in Sudbury I don't see the Colts losing to the Wolves. The Wolves have sucked the last month and aren't playing as a team.

@Lindbergh31

Hey Lindbergh hows things up there? Pretty brutal winter we're having...

Barries goaltending has gone from being a strong part of the team to a big ?  We drafted the last Euro goalie into the CHL, 18 year old Daniel Gibl, who we all assumed would be our #1. But 16 year old MacKenzie Blackwood stole the startig job out from under him. Unfortunately he hit a wall part way through the season and they've been going with the hot, or not so cold hand the rest of the way. They go into the playoffs sporting the exact same .902 save percentage with Gibl having the superior 2.96 GAA compared to Blackwoods 2.98. Never seen two goalies have such close numbers.

Even though Barrie lost a ton of firepower to graduation, we still have 7 players with over 23 goals.Athanasiou leads the way with 49 and Claude Lemieuxs son is in 2nd with 27. This team is never out of a game against anyone..I've lost count on comebacks from multiple goals.

And then of course there's Aaron Ekblad, the rock on D. He finished the year with 23g and 30 a.

I don't see them beating the elite teams but I think they will win a round or two. Then again, I guess winning one round likely puts us up against Oshawa barring an upset in one of the other series.

Anyway, best of luck...figures first game is Thursday and we have hockey Thursdays.

Hey FC,

The winter has stunk this year, too damn cold for my liking.

The problem for the Wolves is we don't know which team will show up, the one who was on fire a month ago or the one we're seeing now where they don't give a **** and aren't playing as a team. They have firepower and a good goalie in Palazee. But the Wolves have a secret weapon that Barrie should be scared of, the Wolves owner's son, Connor Burgess :) This kid should not be in the OHL but since daddy owns the team he gets to play which probably pisses off his teammates.

Should be a good series, good luck.

@Lindbergh31  Spits might win 1 or 2 games, we have played the Knights pretty tight, in general anyways, despite one blow out. Looks like Barrie is gonna need one of their goalies to step up big in future series, I'm pretty much writing off the Wolves, was gonna before you said that, your statements just confirmed it.

@Lindbergh31  Spits might win 1 or 2 games, we have played the Knights pretty tight, in general anyways, despite one blow out. Looks like Barrie is gonna need one of their goalies to step up big in future series, I'm pretty much writing off the Wolves, was gonna before you said that, your statements just confirmed it.

Jammer2, rumour up here is that the owner, Burgess, goes into the dressing room in between periods to chew out the players if they're playing bad. It's not a good situation so it will be interesting to see which team shows up.