Much closer than....

Vanflyer

@terp

Good thing Mac and Streit aren't on the ice together much. Certainly not enough to qualify as "frequently."

I disagree that Mac isn't good at chasing down forwards, but typically does well enough with positioning that he doesn't have to.

However, at even strength, a Streit - Macdonald pairing should be kept to bare minimum. They don't at all compliment each other's skill sets. They are not duplicate players, but they do overlap way too much on both strengths and weaknesses to want to pair them anymore than is necessary.

In fact, as an aside, what scares me about this team is that they are losing ONE defenseman to injury away from having a difficult time. Possibly more than most playoff teams.

Right now they have three pairs that need to play as those pairs to really be effective. I wouldn't mix and match if someone were to go down. I'd simply plug into that spot with someone and leave the other two pairs alone.

But part of their effectiveness, I think, is that the three pairs themselves offset each other and provide a little change up to the opponent. I'm thinking you weaken one pair, you weaken all three.

So here's to hoping for health

Dude...relax. Hal Gill is ready to roll if somone gets injured.

Edited by DaGreatGazoo

Yeah. I'm not exactly sure what to do with that, but since he was a-19 when he was traded, I guess that's not bad.

8 games with one assist total for the Flyers. That won't help the plus minus, but playing defense will keep it close. Sounds like he's focusing on keeping the puck out of the net, and that's just fine by me.

8 games with one assist total for the Flyers. That won't help the plus minus, but playing defense will keep it close. Sounds like he's focusing on keeping the puck out of the net, and that's just fine by me.

Oh, that's good! Yeah, I'm going to go with that! (actually, I do think that's on the money)

Oh, that's good! Yeah, I'm going to go with that! (actually, I do think that's on the money)

I had to look that up myself because he's passing the eye test. It was surprising that he was a minus one and the team is playing well.

Should make his contract demands a little more reasonable if he's not putting up points.

Gotta try to keep Mac in the off season.

Don't Carle him homer. Sign the man, get the deal you can and move on. Don't waste time chasing down weber/suter style pipe dreams.

Seriously. I blame Ronald MacDonald for Schenn's improvement. Regardless of the reason, Schenn's improvement has been exponential.