Congrats to Blue Jackets

Vanflyer

Up and coming team. Amazing to see what a turnaround that a good GM / Coach can do. A fun team to watch. Go kick some Bruins ass!! 

Also helps that they are allowing a good young goaltender to develop. How ironic would it be if "Bobs" stood between the Flyers and the Cup finals this season? 

Living in Ohio I get to three or four Jacket games a year and my twelve year old daughter IS  a Jacket fan and proudly wears her Dubinsky jersey everywhere (she even begged me to trade for him in my fantasy hockey leagues, lol).

Ryan Johansson is a man among boys, I told Jammer in here in November that he was making a play or two a night that turned your head. Now he is the heart of the team, he won two overtime games in the last two weeks, he is the leader and still a kid. He is the center this team has never had.

A bunch of vets mixed with some decent kids, I still shake my head that they donated Gaborik to the Kings but I feel confident that their was a reason. Wishing them luck in the playoffs.

@yave1964

Johanson was one of two prospects I wanted coming our way when it sounded like Carter was going to be dealt. (Schenn was the other, funny we got him in the Richards deal) It took him a little longer than I thought it would to get where he is, but that guy is handful to play against.

How ironic would it be if "Bobs" stood between the Flyers and the Cup finals this season? 

I lament the whole Bobs / Byrz thing. But understand that the management was trying to save face for a colossal blunder in getting breezy. Its a travesty. Given that, Mason has been resurrected and truthfully, I am not sure who is better. I think its a shoe fits type of thing. The only thing with Bobs is he reminds me allot (personality, work ethic, style) of Pelle and that is what stings a bit.

But, I do like Masons leadership off the ice, accountability and hockey sensibility.  That does not mean that Bobs does not have that,  just that its transparent with Mason. Its a win for both teams. As of today, should columbus and philly pass the first round, it will be Philly - Columbus in the quarters. I will enjoy that and what a hype there would be with Bobs and Mason. 

He just seems like the kind of guy you'd work your arse off for on the ice, and then go for beers or have him over for dinner after.

I remember midway through his first season here, one of the beat writers did a "back story" on him. He comes form a low-middle class family and his father is / was a miner. The jist of it was that his family instilled in him a tremendous work ethic and humbleness. He has had to scratch and claw for everything he has in hockey. Within the same story the Flyers trainers were quoted as saying he is the hardest working player on the team. Always in the gym, always striving to get better / stronger.