Calder finalists announced

yave1964

The NHL has announced the 3 finalists for its top rookie award, the Calder finalists are:

Tyler Johnson. Had a nice season (24-26-50) and led all rookies in faceoffs and in shorties with 5. He tied MacKinnon with 24 goals.

Ondrej Palat. Was absolutely ridiculously hot down the stretch, the fast as, ahem, Lightning winger finished with 23-36-59 and was a ridiculous plus 32.

Nathan Mackinnon was the first pick in the draft and justified the selection with a great season led all rookies in goals, assists and points (24-39-63) and at only 19 years of age was a plus 20, led all rookies with 8 PPG and was possibly the fastest guy on two skates.

Again, if someone can put a poll up on this I would appreciate it.

My vote has to go to MacKinnon, Palat caught fire down the stretch and Johnson was consistent all year but the season MacKinnon had as a 19 year old in todays game was astounding.

The NHL has announced the 3 finalists for its top rookie award, the Calder finalists are:

Tyler Johnson. Had a nice season (24-26-50) and led all rookies in faceoffs and in shorties with 5. He tied MacKinnon with 24 goals.

Ondrej Palat. Was absolutely ridiculously hot down the stretch, the fast as, ahem, Lightning winger finished with 23-36-59 and was a ridiculous plus 32.

Nathan Mackinnon was the first pick in the draft and justified the selection with a great season led all rookies in goals, assists and points (24-39-63) and at only 19 years of age was a plus 20, led all rookies with 8 PPG and was possibly the fastest guy on two skates.

Again, if someone can put a poll up on this I would appreciate it.

My vote has to go to MacKinnon, Palat caught fire down the stretch and Johnson was consistent all year but the season MacKinnon had as a 19 year old in todays game was astounding.

Where's Olli Maata?!   LOL  Defensemen get  no respect..  where's @flyercanuck on this one?!?  ;)  lol 

I hate Dustin Brown...........

Tomas Hertl was on pace for 36 goals, 60 points and +27, and was improving as he went, able to play all 3 forward positions and very good defensively, only being played 15 minutes a game as SJ eased him in due to their depth. Then Brown blows his knee out.

At least as consolation, Hertl just came back from his injury, has 2 quiet regular season games, then punished LA the past few games on the third line.

I hate Dustin Brown...........

Tomas Hertl was on pace for 36 goals, 60 points and +27, and was improving as he went, able to play all 3 forward positions and very good defensively, only being played 15 minutes a game as SJ eased him in due to their depth. Then Brown blows his knee out.

At least as consolation, Hertl just came back from his injury, has 2 quiet regular season games, then punished LA the past few games on the third line.

I remember about three weeks into the season a reporter questioned Thornton about Hertl's defense. Thornton smiled and said, :I don't know how it is. He hasn't had to play in the defensive zone yet." I am paraphrasing, don't feel like finding the exact quote but you may remember it. Quite a compliment for the kid. Hertl did not make any friends for himself out of San Jose with his cheesy showing off type of style and you knew the hits were coming. Brown took it a bit too far tho.....

Of course Thornton made the comment defending Hertl for showboating too.....

Thornton first tells an unidentified reporter to “shut up” after he asked Patrick Marleau a question about the perception that Hertl was showboating. Then Thornton continued:

"I’d have my c*** out if I scored four goals. I’d have my c*** out, stroking it."

Of course Thornton made the comment defending Hertl for showboating too.....

Thornton first tells an unidentified reporter to “shut up” after he asked Patrick Marleau a question about the perception that Hertl was showboating. Then Thornton continued:

"I’d have my c*** out if I scored four goals. I’d have my c*** out, stroking it."

Yeah!

I loved Joe for that comment. It had me rolling and laughing.

Fortunately for us all, the odds of Jumbo Joe scoring 4 goals in a period are, well, not likely