Hope for the Islanders?

JackStraw

Islanders fans are giving snow alot of grief the last few years about his deals I believe h hands were tied by Wang. Give him a year or so under the new owners to see what happens! In my opinion there's to many teams between NYC and DC.

I wonder if the new owners will move the team west once they take over?

Don't they have a lease commitment to the new arena in Brooklyn? As an aside, why would they move? A brand new sparkling arena in the heart of NYC (well, okay, its right by Harlem, but that is just splitting peas! :-)?? How could it get any better than that??

@Vanflyer   Yes, the Islanders have an "iron clad" lease agreement to stay at the Barcley's Center.....BUT, it gets better than that, Barcley's actually will PAY the Islanders "tens of millions of dollars per year" to take up residence in their building. In other words, the Isles will never move, nor would they want to move. What team would pass on not only *not* paying rent, but having the opposite and being paid to play there!!  It's a damn owners dream come true! 

http://islanderspointblank.com/islanders/report-barclays-center-to-pay-isles-millions-per-year-to-relocate-to-brooklyn/

A really nice article on the new Barcley's Center....this is one WORLD CLASS building!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1549760-ny-islanders-a-fans-first-look-at-the-barclays-center-in-all-of-its-glory

Don't they have a lease commitment to the new arena in Brooklyn? As an aside, why would they move? A brand new sparkling arena in the heart of NYC (well, okay, its right by Harlem, but that is just splitting peas! :-)?? How could it get any better than that??
with what jammer2 said I would stay at the Barclay center. The negative is that only seats around 14000 for hockey. I figure with 5 teams between NYC and DC the NHL may want to move one of them.

The negative is that only seats around 14000 for hockey.

I didn't know that. I had to do some research (/www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/10/24/3549740/new-york-islanders-brooklyn-barclays-center-seating-chart-hockey

I guess net sum is the same as Long Island. Just that you get to go to a state of the art arena.

I didn't know that. I had to do some research (/www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/10/24/3549740/new-york-islanders-brooklyn-barclays-center-seating-chart-hockey

I guess net sum is the same as Long Island. Just that you get to go to a state of the art arena.

They will likely get a higher ticket price for sold out arenas. More corporate exposure and sponsorship.

And more attractive for talent.

I think the long term implications for the Metro are significant.

They will likely get a higher ticket price for sold out arenas. More corporate exposure and sponsorship.

And more attractive for talent.

I think the long term implications for the Metro are significant.

All good points. I can get my crack and go to the game all within 5 minutes. (just a joke).

Archived