Separated Shoulder Sidelines Datsyuk

hf101

The original diagnosis was a couple of days, then maybe a couple of weeks and now 4 weeks.   Is this one of those injuries that if not healed causes issues on and off all season?  

Last year he battled knee problems, which makes me wonder if the Wings starting center will play more than the 47 games played last year?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24723175/pavel-datsyuk-out-2-4-weeks-with-separated-shoulder

Per this article they are reporting 4-5 weeks.  Again with shoulders they are hard to predict a recovery time.  Is Datsyuk now on the downside of his career?  I know the Red Wings missed his services tremondously last year whej he was injured.

Here is the video of Datsyuk getting hit into the boards by Scuderi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FOrDbW8p8-U

Thesary part is it was not much of a hit... If his shoulder is that bad, to where a meh hit will knock him out for a month, we are I big trouble.

Forget going for 24 in a row, lets get in the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.....

The scary part is it was not much of a hit... If his shoulder is that bad, to where a meh hit will knock him out for a month, we are I big trouble. And Alfredsson is toast.. and now Darren Helm (surprise!!) is injured too.

The scary part is it was not much of a hit... If his shoulder is that bad, to where a meh hit will knock him out for a month, we are I big trouble. And Alfredsson is toast.. and now Darren Helm (surprise!!) is injured too.

I think he caught the end of the glass. I saw it at the game and instantly thought that, anyway.

Ya know what??  The Wings are taking a LOT of unnecessary heat with the Datsuyk situation. Everyone and their mother is asking just what Pavel was doing in the line-up on Monday night?  No matter how great the guy is, there is no replacing an NHL game's speed, even a great one like him needs a few warm up games.....AND the more pre-season you play, the less likely you injure a groin in the first game of the season. If he pulled a groin in game 1, everyone would say, why did he not play in the preseason. A no win here for the Wings org.

Ya know what??  The Wings are taking a LOT of unnecessary heat with the Datsuyk situation. Everyone and their mother is asking just what Pavel was doing in the line-up on Monday night?  No matter how great the guy is, there is no replacing an NHL game's speed, even a great one like him needs a few warm up games.....AND the more pre-season you play, the less likely you injure a groin in the first game of the season. If he pulled a groin in game 1, everyone would say, why did he not play in the preseason. A no win here for the Wings org.

I agree Jammer, he should have been out there, my problem is nothing to do with the organization this time, it is how frail Pavel is becoming. I consider it an honor watching him play all these years but the edis in sight. Sad.

Archived