Brett Hull and Don Cherry: how hockey should be played

Vanflyer

Don Cherry is an old racist fool. With all of his BS ranting about Euro's and how it is a Canadian game, I am blown away anyone still listens to the bag of wind. It would be like Vin Scully reminiscing about the good old days before Jackie Robinson ruined the game. He is a pig and a fool and if he is on i turn the volume down or change the channel.

Don Cherry is an old racist fool. With all of his BS ranting about Euro's and how it is a Canadian game, I am blown away anyone still listens to the bag of wind. It would be like Vin Scully reminiscing about the good old days before Jackie Robinson ruined the game. He is a pig and a fool and if he is on i turn the volume down or change the channel.

Don tells it like it is. I worship the ground he walks on....a true living legend. Wow, do we see Don different. I *SO* look forward to Coach's Corner, it's one of the highlights of my weekend.....lol.

Don Cherry is an old racist fool. With all of his BS ranting about Euro's and how it is a Canadian game,

I just have squelch on when he goes on his Canada's sport rants. I also don't think its racist. Descriminative, sure, but even at that, not enough of an issue for me not to listen to what he has to say. I have stated repeatedly, that think what you want of him, but he is great for hockey and does and absolute ton for youth hockey in Canada. Also, he is extremely loyal to those that serve in the armed forces in canada. Those two things alone can get me past some of his short comings.

@Vanflyer   I LOVE how he focus's on the military and the Police. He takes time to remind us how these heroes gave their lives so we can be free to do as we wish. You don't see anyone else using their air time to point that kinda stuff out, just part and parcel of what Don is all about!  A GREAT, GREAT man!!

Grapes is certainly opinionated, but he's entertaining, and he's passionate about the game. I just wish I got to see him more in the U.S.

@jammer2 Great point about his military and police support. Those folks are the true heroes and are way too often ignored. Good for Don for talking them up!

Grapes is certainly opinionated, but he's entertaining, and he's passionate about the game. I just wish I got to see him more in the U.S.

While not ideal, if you have a good broadband connection, you can stream the HNIC feeds online. I hook up my machine to my big screen via HDMI and while not as good as cable or fibre, its pretty good for where I live.

I also love the play by play / color announcers of the HNIC broadcasts. Its a breath of fresh air to watch their broadcasts 1 / 2x a week.

While not ideal, if you have a good broadband connection, you can stream the HNIC feeds online. I hook up my machine to my big screen via HDMI and while not as good as cable or fibre, its pretty good for where I live.

I also love the play by play / color announcers of the HNIC broadcasts. Its a breath of fresh air to watch their broadcasts 1 / 2x a week.

I'll have to try it. I have DSL, so sometimes that works, other times not so much.

@jammer2 Great point about his military and police support. Those folks are the true heroes and are way too often ignored. Good for Don for talking them up!

I tell ya Scott, I will never forget the day that Don Cherry honoured Windsors own Corporal Glenden who died a hero defending his group from a surprise attack. It was very emotional, no dry eyes that day in Windsor. What a wonderful tribute Don played to him.

Archived