A long season about to start

Buffalo Rick

I cannot see any reason to be optimistic or even be excited about this season.

Wow, what a shellacking the Ducks put on Buffalo tonight. That was like an AHL team against a high school team. Bummer for you.

I guess the bright spot was it was not a shut out! :-P

I cannot see any reason to be optimistic or even be excited about this season.  The Bills thanks God have a real shot at winning the East and unseating New England.  And my baseball team has a huge shot at winning the series.  My hockey team?  forget it.  We traded the farm.  And now we have to feed the few chickens and pigs we have left.  Enroth likely will  steal a few.  He is a very good goalie despite his size and is certainly our best right now.  He is not Miller.  But he is good.   But they have one good unit and it will be the power play unit they can put out there.  The mystery will be Sam Reinhart.  I hope the kid has a good season.  I wish I could hear what they are saying behind closed doors?  Its no secret they want to be high on this draft list. The Isanders do not seem interested in being on the list as they know we have their number one and they just picked up a couple of good players.  I still do not believe they are good enough to crack the top 8.  I think Columbus is better.  But some teams are really on the bubble.  You look at the Flyers even.  I am not sure they have enough to get in.  I expect Toronto to be better than expected.  Montreal I believe will be out.  I still believe the Rangers will  win the East again and then get pummeled again in the finals.  The finals should really have two Western teams,    I do not look forward to this season at all.  I may watch the NBA more.  I may cheer for the Minnesota Wild.  I do not like how the Blues basically figured Miller lost them the series.  They lost it with their offense going south.  I still like them but I do not like Hitchcock.  Here is to the Sabres winning 20 if they are lucky

Oops.

I cannot see any reason to be optimistic or even be excited about this season.  The Bills thanks God have a real shot at winning the East and unseating New England.  And my baseball team has a huge shot at winning the series.  My hockey team?  forget it.  We traded the farm.  And now we have to feed the few chickens and pigs we have left.  Enroth likely will  steal a few.  He is a very good goalie despite his size and is certainly our best right now.  He is not Miller.  But he is good.   But they have one good unit and it will be the power play unit they can put out there.  The mystery will be Sam Reinhart.  I hope the kid has a good season.  I wish I could hear what they are saying behind closed doors?  Its no secret they want to be high on this draft list. The Isanders do not seem interested in being on the list as they know we have their number one and they just picked up a couple of good players.  I still do not believe they are good enough to crack the top 8.  I think Columbus is better.  But some teams are really on the bubble.  You look at the Flyers even.  I am not sure they have enough to get in.  I expect Toronto to be better than expected.  Montreal I believe will be out.  I still believe the Rangers will  win the East again and then get pummeled again in the finals.  The finals should really have two Western teams,    I do not look forward to this season at all.  I may watch the NBA more.  I may cheer for the Minnesota Wild.  I do not like how the Blues basically figured Miller lost them the series.  They lost it with their offense going south.  I still like them but I do not like Hitchcock.  Here is to the Sabres winning 20 if they are lucky

Now is as good a time as any to bring this quote back.

Would have been a penalty shot.  That did not look like Miller.  I just do not know what he was doing on that.  Maybe the Sabres are the winners after all

Wow, what a shellacking the Ducks put on Buffalo tonight. That was like an AHL team against a high school team. Bummer for you.

I guess the bright spot was it was not a shut out! :-P

I do not think we played the Ducks yet? If so, how many wins does Philly have?  What a joke.  At least we knew what we were doing.  We traded the fort and got a boatload of picks.  what do you have?  SQUAT!!!!!!  And not near the picks we have .  I would not trade places with you for all the whiskey in Ireland.  Oh, and you could use a coach.  If Nolan was coaching the Flyers they would have 3 wins

I do not think we played the Ducks yet? If so, how many wins does Philly have?  What a joke.  At least we knew what we were doing.  We traded the fort and got a boatload of picks.  what do you have?  SQUAT!!!!!!  And not near the picks we have .  I would not trade places with you for all the whiskey in Ireland.  Oh, and you could use a coach.  If Nolan was coaching the Flyers they would have 3 wins

Wow,you call yourself a Sabres fan and you don't even know who they played, lol. The Ducks beat them and outshot the 44-12, which prompted Nolan to call the Sabres a PeeWee team in his post game press conference. Maybe you would have known this if you didn't rely on CBS Sports for all of you Hockey coverage.

Yup. Flyers had their worst season in history and got pick #2 instead of #1. Patrick Kane v. James VR.

While I think Kane is an ass, he is 10 times the player that JVR is. All things being equal, only two players really stand out for me in that draft class in the first 10 picks: Kane and Couture.

did the n.h.l. Change the lottery system for next summer draft? Or is it the same as previous years?

Archived