A long season about to start

Buffalo Rick

I cannot see any reason to be optimistic or even be excited about this season.  The Bills thanks God have a real shot at winning the East and unseating New England.  And my baseball team has a huge shot at winning the series.  My hockey team?  forget it.  We traded the farm.  And now we have to feed the few chickens and pigs we have left.  Enroth likely will  steal a few.  He is a very good goalie despite his size and is certainly our best right now.  He is not Miller.  But he is good.   But they have one good unit and it will be the power play unit they can put out there.  The mystery will be Sam Reinhart.  I hope the kid has a good season.  I wish I could hear what they are saying behind closed doors?  Its no secret they want to be high on this draft list. The Isanders do not seem interested in being on the list as they know we have their number one and they just picked up a couple of good players.  I still do not believe they are good enough to crack the top 8.  I think Columbus is better.  But some teams are really on the bubble.  You look at the Flyers even.  I am not sure they have enough to get in.  I expect Toronto to be better than expected.  Montreal I believe will be out.  I still believe the Rangers will  win the East again and then get pummeled again in the finals.  The finals should really have two Western teams,    I do not look forward to this season at all.  I may watch the NBA more.  I may cheer for the Minnesota Wild.  I do not like how the Blues basically figured Miller lost them the series.  They lost it with their offense going south.  I still like them but I do not like Hitchcock.  Here is to the Sabres winning 20 if they are lucky

Junkie, from what I have read, Reinhart is going to get his 9 game look and then be sent back to juniors. Be thankful you have the Bills and Orioles to cheer for for a while.

By the way, you only referenced MIller twice in your post, are you feeling ok? :ph34r:

Junkie, from what I have read, Reinhart is going to get his 9 game look and then be sent back to juniors. Be thankful you have the Bills and Orioles to cheer for for a while.

By the way, you only referenced MIller twice in your post, are you feeling ok? :ph34r:

Yes I have the Orioles and Bills.  And the Orioles are favored in Vegas right now to win it all and I think they are a team of destiny.  We just have to wait until next years draft and we should be able to land one of the 3 studs that are being touted.  As for Miller, i wish him the best and I am cheering for Vancouver and Minnesota both out West.  I like the Blues also but do not like Hitchcock.  So I will hope either Minnesota or Vancouver upsets the apple cart.  I like the kings too.  Always have.  So if they win again, I do not care. Better them than Chicago.  I think the Rangers will win the East again.  Only to get hammered in the finals

I cannot see any reason to be optimistic or even be excited about this season.

But you live in Rochester and should be absolutely stoked about the Roch Americans upcoming season (I would be). So at the NHL level, yeah, a debbie downer- but at the AHL level, the Americans are going to be a stud of a team. Think of all the money you will save!!! I mean that seriously.

But you live in Rochester and should be absolutely stoked about the Roch Americans upcoming season (I would be). So at the NHL level, yeah, a debbie downer- but at the AHL level, the Americans are going to be a stud of a team. Think of all the money you will save!!! I mean that seriously.

You think I am going to Amerks games instead of Sabres?  No.  But I understand what you mean.  But do not be so fast to throw my team under the bus.  CBS picks the Flyers to finish 7th in their division.  So no playoffs.   If so, I would rather be in our shoes than yours.  We have a better chance to get McDavid than you

You think I am going to Amerks games instead of Sabres?  No.  But I understand what you mean.  But do not be so fast to throw my team under the bus.  CBS picks the Flyers to finish 7th in their division.  So no playoffs.   If so, I would rather be in our shoes than yours.  We have a better chance to get McDavid than you

A). So you won't support the Amerks and go to their games?

B). Nobody threw the Sabres under the bus, you were the one that started this thread!

C). CBS really, what do they know about hockey? Thats like asking a podiatrist about a problem with your heart.

Nice one Sami!

Wait just a minute now.  They hire people with hockey knowledge as any big network does.  What makes it so bad?  Because you disagree?  I know you all think the Flyers are going to hoist the Cup but come on.  I was a bit surprised myself to see him pick them that low.  I think alot will depend on whether Gireax returns to his old form.  I cant spell his name so sorry.  But he has to be huge for you guys to get in.  I am not sure about the Islanders either.  All this thinking they will be good and get in.  I think Columbus is a safer bet than them.  The usual's like the Rangers, Boston and Ottawa will most likely get in.  I only think Ottawa because they picked up Ryan.  The East is terrible anyway so who knows.  One good game tomorrow is Rangers at St Louis.  Like it or not, Rangers are still class of the East

@Hockey Junkie  The Islanders will not only be good, they will be in the Eastern Conference finals against the Lightning.

In regards to CBS, they are not exactly the Hockey News...ha ha. When is the last time they have been quoted on a major story regarding hockey? When is the last time CBS broke a big hockey story....answer....NEVER...and do you know why?  It's because hockey is not a priority at CBS...it's included just because it's one of the 4 major sports and they would be laughing stocks if they did not have a hockey portion of their site. It's got nothing to do with me liking or hating them, it's got to do with their lack of priorities.

@Hockey Junkie  The Islanders will not only be good, they will be in the Eastern Conference finals against the Lightning.

In regards to CBS, they are not exactly the Hockey News...ha ha. When is the last time they have been quoted on a major story regarding hockey? When is the last time CBS broke a big hockey story....answer....NEVER...and do you know why?  It's because hockey is not a priority at CBS...it's included just because it's one of the 4 major sports and they would be laughing stocks if they did not have a hockey portion of their site. It's got nothing to do with me liking or hating them, it's got to do with their lack of priorities.

ESPN is even worse because they still hold a grudge over that lockout. they are idiots to say the least.  Look at all the problems in football.  They pretty much ignore great sports like hockey and baseball and maybe in part due to the networks like NHL and MLB?  They do cover the NBA. But the football is way overdone.  And our Orioles announcer Gary Thorne was a very good announcer when he worked with Bill Clement.  My favorite Flyer of all time as I like the man.  

Right up until you get screwed by the lottery! Hail Bettman!

Yup. Flyers had their worst season in history and got pick #2 instead of #1. Patrick Kane v. James VR.

While I think Kane is an ass, he is 10 times the player that JVR is. All things being equal, only two players really stand out for me in that draft class in the first 10 picks: Kane and Couture.

Yup. Flyers had their worst season in history and got pick #2 instead of #1. Patrick Kane v. James VR.

While I think Kane is an ass, he is 10 times the player that JVR is. All things being equal, only two players really stand out for me in that draft class in the first 10 picks: Kane and Couture.

True enough, that wasn't a great draft on the top end. At all.

Although to be fair to JVR and Turris, they have been gaining a bit of ground lately.

But do not be so fast to throw my team under the bus.

Not throwhing them under the bus, just echoing your assessment (and general acknowledge assessment around the league) that this is a total development year for Buffalo. I used to work in Rochester and loved going to Amerks games. Easy to get to (walking distance from the client I was staying at), economical, etc. I did go to a buffalo game v. the Flyers (playoff game), but it was the game that Umberger just got crushed (forget who hit him).

So no playoffs. If so, I would rather be in our shoes than yours. We have a better chance to get McDavid than you

You legitimately have a shot at McDavid without tanking. The Flyers, I believe, would have to tank to have a shot. I don't accept that. My only rule of thumb is I want the team to compete at 100% for the entire game. If they lose because of lack of talent, so be it. I see the Flyers finishing somewhere around 20th overall. That will still be a real nice pick in a very deep draft class.

I think Columbus is a safer bet than them.

Columbus will get in.

I am not sure about the Islanders either.

I think the Islanders will get in.

The usual's like the Rangers, Boston and Ottawa will most likely get in.

I would hardly put Ottawa in the category of the "usuals" they are batting slightly better than 50% for the playoffs the past 7 seasons. I do agree that they have a good shot this year, but would not put them in the category of the "usuals".

One good game tomorrow is Rangers at St Louis. Like it or not, Rangers are still class of the East

On paper Rangers look good. But 4.33 goals allowed in first three games does not inspire "class of the east" (their lone win came against the hapless Flyers).

Boston is off to a rockey start as well. (1w-2 losses). Their problem is finding the back of the net. 3 goals scored (with 2 of them coming against the Flyers).

Truthfully, I think Pittsburgh looks to be the the Class of the East. I also think Columbus is going to surprise allot of people. Bobovskry is already off to vezina form (1.5 gaa .948 sv pctg) and the Columbus is scoring at 4 goal a game. I love their brand of hockey. They were also the best team in the NHL during the pre-season. If they can keep garnering confidence, look out.

Archived