Wow, no goal. Datsyuk was robbed.

hf101

Incredible goal by Datsyuk.   :angry:

Price leaned into Abdelkader.   But the NHL rules states:

“Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal.”

I dunno, Price had lots of room to make the save to his left.

That goal would have been on the highlight reel all year if it had been allowed, just a wretched call. Stole a point from the wings last night.

In fact, the Wings are 3-1-2, a pretty good start all things considering and when you factor in that they lost a point last night to the zebra's and the non tripping call on Getzlaf last week with 25 seconds to go which caused the Wings to lose in regulation to the Ducks when he tripped Kronwall and stole the puck and scored winning the game for the Ducks in regulation taking a point or two from the Wings, overall, it has been a very, very nice start. Usually you can go an entire season without ringing your hands and lamenting about points lost to horrible officiating on specific plays, we have had it happen twice int he first two weeks.

Dirty move by Dats.

Somehow, I think that even if Abdelkader wasn't there, Price weren't gon' stop dat.

Abdelkader could have been sitting in my living room watching the game with me instead of being in Quebec, Datsyuk would have scored. Price could have had Tokarski and Martin Brodeur in there with him and Dats would have made that shot. Just a sick play.

Dirty move by Dats.

Somehow, I think that even if Abdelkader wasn't there, Price weren't gon' stop dat.

Abdelkader could have been sitting in my living room watching the game with me instead of being in Quebec, Datsyuk would have scored. Price could have had Tokarski and Martin Brodeur in there with him and Dats would have made that shot. Just a sick play.

Archived