Big dogs get.......

Vanflyer

Can't really say it's a huge surprise, @Vanflyer

Sure, the Canadiens are expected to be contenders this season, and Calgary not so much, but still, the Flames have been playing some pretty good puck so far this season, while the Canadiens, though riding at the top of the Eastern standings, have had to come back in several of their games because they get off to slow starts.

Law of averages say, that if they continued that route, sooner or later, they will run into a team that will not let them back in....hence, Calgary blew them out of the water.

Agreed, big ouch for Montreal, but I also credit the Flames for just continuing their good play since the season began. How long the Flames can do this on the balance of the season will remain to be seen, but they have certainly put teams on notice: If the opponent isn't going at 100%, Calgary can and will take the two points. Plain n simple.

From a TB Lightning standpoint, I can't say I am sad at all to see the Habs fall off the very top of the standings though.... ;)

Law of averages say, that if they continued that route, sooner or later, they will run into a team that will not let them back in....hence, Calgary blew them out of the water.

Agreed. A 4-3 or 4-2 score and I would not blink twice. But a baseball 6-2 score and it does cause me to get a bit of whiplash. :-)

all you have to do is make it snow with the dog in it.....see?

Excellent. I will get to work right on that(given that the coldest day in the last 4 years where I am was 80 degrees). :-)

I am greatly releived I don't have to buy the state of Maine- otherwise I was going to ask @JackStraw for a loan. Maybe he could stroll down the road and ask Dean Koontz  or Steven King for a hand-out.

Calgaryis really playing tough hockey his year, hard checking, rushing ahead with the puck and Hiller doing a credible job in net. Montreal is in a bit of a funk after that overtime run they were so successful with earlier in the year. They seem to be missing Gorges more than they thought.

Thanks. Now my daughter wants one and asked if it comes with snow.

If she wants snow we probably still have some kicking around somewhere from last winter. We already had it on the ground by this time last year and it never left til mid April. And it kept coming all winter. I dread anything like that happening again. Snow is great....in pictures.

Archived