That Richards rumor popped up again

fanaticV3.0

It was on FB last night. I don't remember what website posted the article, but it popped up on my feed. Is he "done" or does he simply cost too much money? I've seen reports saying his ice time has decreased (last year) and others saying it was all about money. If it's about money  and not the quality of his play, I'd be real curious to see where he ends up, and how he impacts the team. I'm wondering if some team looking to add players for a PO run makes play for him or is it some team looking to just rebuild and fill the "need veterans" spot.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike Richards ripped into by head coach Sutter for his defensive shortcomings. His huge gaffe was the winning goal by the Sabres, a 1-0 defeat.

from yahoo....

"Mike Richards was criticized by coach Darryl Sutter from his defensive shortcomings in the Kings' 1-0 loss to Buffalo Tuesday night.

Advice: Richards was on the ice when the Sabres scored their lone goal. "It's a bad play by Mike Richards," Sutter said. "You can't drop off. It's a set play for us. You can't drop off in the corner unless we have full control. You've got to cover the middle of the ice." Richards only ended up logging 11:28 minutes of ice time in that contest. He's been averaging just 14:35 minutes per game."

Not being over critical here, cause I like the guy, but *how* many times did we see this in a Flyers uniform....a uncalled for and quite odd drop for a teammate that gets claimed by the opposition??  One of his few faults in his defensive game.

Mike Richards ripped into by head coach Sutter for his defensive shortcomings. His huge gaffe was the winning goal by the Sabres, a 1-0 defeat.

from yahoo....

"Mike Richards was criticized by coach Darryl Sutter from his defensive shortcomings in the Kings' 1-0 loss to Buffalo Tuesday night.

Advice: Richards was on the ice when the Sabres scored their lone goal. "It's a bad play by Mike Richards," Sutter said. "You can't drop off. It's a set play for us. You can't drop off in the corner unless we have full control. You've got to cover the middle of the ice." Richards only ended up logging 11:28 minutes of ice time in that contest. He's been averaging just 14:35 minutes per game."

Not being over critical here, cause I like the guy, but *how* many times did we see this in a Flyers uniform....a uncalled for and quite odd drop for a teammate that gets claimed by the opposition??  One of his few faults in his defensive game.

It is funny because most LA fans are calling Richards line the only one that gives a damn right now. Most of them want Kopitar benched just to wake him up and they want the 70's line put back and given the top icetime and PP time.

from yahoo....

I just read the same article. I would never use that quote and that quote alone as proof that he's fallen out of favor with Sutter, but that on top of the decreased ice time, rumors about being trade and what not, and it does seem like they rag on him more than other guys on the team.

And I'm not saying it wasn't a bad play.

Archived