if martin jones was available

briere48

would you make a trade for him because his stats for this season 6 wins 2 loses 1.68 gaa, he has five shutouts in his career, i mean i dont know if our goaltending prospects are ready yet or can even play in the nhl, i would rather trade for a guy that has experience in the nhl rather than rely on a goalie that's not nhl ready.

plus LA is always good with drafting their goalies.

i understand that we need alot of changes besides goaltending but i still think we need to look at our goaltending because emery is not doing any better, mason is a question mark, he has good games, bad games, we need a good backup, i think jones would fill that need.

@BobbyClarkeFan16   If they could pull it off without breaking up the core, I'd investigate the scenario. Martin Jones is a very good goalie. He could provide excellent insurance against a Mason injury, push Mase to play better. Martin is capable of filling in for consecutive games when Mason hit's a dry spell. If the worst case scenario happens and Mason reverts back to his Columbus days (doubtful but, hey...goalies are so hard to predict) he would make a fine starter as well.

@AlaskaFlyerFan   Ha ha....I thought that right as I hit post. Jones does have an outstanding skill set, but how much of it is playing in front of a championship defense?  That part of the equation, along with his relative inexperience at the NHL level should work in the Flyers favour, after all, potential only gets you so far.

Archived