Jan.3: TOR vs WPG

1. Pardy (WPG)
  2. Polak (TOR)
  3. Santorelli (TOR)
  4. Franson (TOR)
  5. Holzer (TOR)
  6. Kessel (TOR)

Final score: 5-1 WPG.

A couple instances of not covering the point-man in this game, which cost the Leafs. Franson left Phaneuf to the wolves with two Jets players on the Byfuglien goal. Another shoddy game by the Leafs as they were dominated the entire 60 minutes. Reimer hung out to dry again. He gets two games worth of work every time he starts.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jan.9: TOR vs CMB

1. Franson (TOR)
  2. Tyutin (CMB)
  3. Dubinsky (CMB)
  4. Savard (CMB)
  5. Calvert* (CMB)
  6. Winnik (TOR)
  7. Could not determine** (CMB)

* Too many men penalty, served by Calvert.

** Cannot identify player from highlight footage.

Final score: 5-2 TOR.

NEW (DE version 2 scoring):

1. TOR: Franson, Phaneuf

3. CMB: Dubinsky, Wisniewski

Under DE v2, a DE can be assigned to more than one player on the same goal.

Here is an updated look at the current team totals:

post-1448-0-40441600-1421499540_thumb.pn

I'm starting to develop a list of improvements to the statistic that will be implemented in VERSION 2 next season. They include the following so far:

• DE will no longer be assigned on an empty net goal. Rationale: Impossible to defend, and nobody is trying to defend at that point in the game anyway.
  • DE can be assigned to more than one player on the same goal.  Rationale: Difficult to place blame on just one player sometimes.
  • Clarification on guidelines surrounding poor gap control and pucks tipped into own goal.

:D

Jan.17: TOR vs STL

1. Bernier (TOR)
  2. Phaneuf (TOR)
  3. Polak (TOR)

Final score: 3-0 STL.

Leafs have forgotten how to score, which is more good news for a team that is 25th in GAA. Phaneuf finishes off an awful week (a DE in each of his last three games) as his stock continues to slide, making him almost untradeable at this point. Bernier lets in a soft goal (his first in a long time), and Polak gets caught cheating in the offensive zone and can't get back.

The vultures are circling the dead carcass of the Leafs as we approach February. MLSE: Please blow this thing up. It's painful to watch at this point.  :confused[1]: 

Jan.19: TOR vs CAR

1. Bernier (TOR)
  2. Polak (TOR)
  3. Phaneuf (TOR)
  4. Gleason (CAR)
  5. Santorelli (TOR)

Final score: 4-1 CAR.

KABOOM! 

Bernier with lousy rebound control kicks the puck right to the Canes player. Phaneuf continues to be cold as ice. Dreadful performance. Leafs lead the league in jersey's thrown on the ice.

Jan.19: TOR vs CAR

1. Bernier (TOR)
  2. Polak (TOR)
  3. Phaneuf (TOR)
  4. Gleason (CAR)
  5. Santorelli (TOR)

Final score: 4-1 CAR.

KABOOM! 

Bernier with lousy rebound control kicks the puck right to the Canes player. Phaneuf continues to be cold as ice. Dreadful performance. Leafs lead the league in jersey's thrown on the ice.

Kessel - 3. bozak and JVR -4.

Yikes

I posted a potential trade for ROR from the As in the trades section

Jan.21: TOR vs OTT

1. Reimer (TOR)
  2. Franson (TOR)
  3. Kadri* (TOR)
  4. Lazar (OTT)
  5. Chiasson (OTT)
  6. Reimer (TOR)
  7. Anderson (OTT)

Final score: 4-3 OTT.

* Delayed penalty call.

Disastrous game by Reimer. The only positive that can come out of this season now is if the Leafs can finish dead last and get the #1 pick.  :o

Jan.29: TOR vs AZA

1. Rieder (AZA)
  2. Bernier (TOR)
  3. Bernier (TOR)
  4. Clarkson (TOR)

Final score: 3-1 AZA.

Comments: Some unbelievably bad goals allowed by Bernier. Leafs are like watching The Three Stooges at this point. Have the Leafs made NHL history yet for the biggest fall in a single season? :blink[1]:

On a quick side note, here is the Leafs fall from grace in visual terms thanks to the Sports Club Stats website (highly recommended):

The graph on the right shows the Leafs chances of making the playoffs this season. Notice the mountain-like peak and sharp decline.

post-1448-0-01035900-1422723708_thumb.pn

Jan.31: TOR vs PHI

1. Winnik (TOR)

Final score: 1-0 PHI.

Winnik was far too soft on his guy going to the net and lost his coverage thus picking up his 6th defensive error of the season -- and that was all she wrote.

An easy night in terms of DE scoring.

Side note: Why did Kessel get the third star and not Reimer? Kessel gets a star for not scoring? Reimer stops 17 of 18 shots and gets nothing?

@WordsOfWisdom

Kessel got 3rd star? LOL. I mean he did have several shots on net from way further out than he ever scores from, so theres that. 

Yeah it blew my mind. (Not that I put much stock in the 3-stars but the rule of thumb in a 1-0 game is that BOTH goaltenders get a star.)

The three stars SHOULD have been:  1) The Flyers goalie. 2) The Flyers goal scorer.  3)  James Reimer.

How in the h_ll do they award a star to a player on the losing team that never registered a point? :o

Feb.3: TOR vs NSH

1. Kadri (TOR)
  2. Kessel (TOR)
  3. Hutton (NSH)
  4. Weber (NSH)
  5. (COULD NOT DETERMINE - NO HIGHLIGHT) (NSH)
  6. Gardiner (TOR)
  7. Kadri (TOR)

Final score: 4-3 NSH.

Ugly night for Kadri defensively. He is now ranked 19th out of 22 regulars in the Leafs lineup in terms of minutes played between defensive errors.

SIDE NOTE:  Rogers has been intentionally cutting their game coverage / highlights in their GameCenter website. I've noticed more goal videos missing these days, and the highlights are sparse. No replays are provided anymore, and no alternate camera angles. I'm thinking this is in direct response to threads like this that try to provide analysis on the game before any employee at Rogers can. (Obviously this makes my job more difficult.)

SIDE NOTE:  Rogers has been intentionally cutting their game coverage / highlights in their GameCenter website. I've noticed more goal videos missing these days, and the highlights are sparse. No replays are provided anymore, and no alternate camera angles. I'm thinking this is in direct response to threads like this that try to provide analysis on the game before any employee at Rogers can. (Obviously this makes my job more difficult.)

Interesting.  Things like this, the end to cap geek, ( and yeah, I know the owner is ill, but no one else had that same info. etc kinda make you wonder if there is motivation behind all of this.)

Interesting.  Things like this, the end to cap geek, ( and yeah, I know the owner is ill, but no one else had that same info. etc kinda make you wonder if there is motivation behind all of this.)

Yeah. They offer a service for $200 now called GameCenter Plus or something that gives more camera angles, ref cam, etc... but in order to push that overpriced package they have to start taking away from what they already provide... which they've been quietly doing. They are sort of "poisoning the well" if you will.

Meh. It's Rogers..... what can I say? They do crap like this. :mellow:

Feb. 7: TOR vs EDM

1. Fraser (EDM)
  2. Petry (EDM)
  3. Yakupov (EDM)
  4. Klefbom (EDM)
  5. Marincin (EDM)
  6. Kadri (TOR)

Final score: 5-1 TOR.

Leafs win a game! They scratched Clarkson, dressed Robidas, dressed Smith, etc. I knew when I saw the opening lineup that management had actually put the best team on the ice for a change.

:o

Archived