my main concern for this team

briere48

is that if they start winning, then hexy is not going to make changes, he's going to keep the young d players on the phantoms and sign berube for 4 more years because they somehow get it in and they dont show up and the same stuff/excuses happens again next year and year after that, i mean i want them to lose because i want changes for the better and not seeing the same stuff with this team playing when they feel like it type of attitute every year.

my fear is hextall is never going to make changes and it's going to turn into ruben/delusional, keeping the same team/different results mentality.

@briere48

Hextall isn't even a third of the way into his first season as gm. I'd be more concerned if he started making moves when he doesn't even know exactly what he's got there. 

Berube is likely gone at the end of the year. Firing him now accomplishes what exactly? Who's his replacement? 

Ride out the season. Hopefully get rid of some crap at the deadline.

@briere48

Hextall isn't even a third of the way into his first season as gm. I'd be more concerned if he started making moves when he doesn't even know exactly what he's got there. 

Berube is likely gone at the end of the year. Firing him now accomplishes what exactly? Who's his replacement? 

Ride out the season. Hopefully get rid of some crap at the deadline.

my fear is that hextall wont do it because he thinks this team is good enough and will keep berube and same stuff happens all over again. i know he wont fire berube now, my fear is he wont do it in the offseason either, actually he probably sign him to a new contract and then more of the same stuff.

@briere48

I like that he hasn't made a trade yet, keyword is yet. If this was Homer, you know for sure he would've made a boneheaded trade already. Giving up youth or draft picks, Hextall being patient has shown me he is evaluating the roster on who to keep and who to trade once the trade deadline approaches.

Yes, I want them to bottom out and do a total rebuild but that will be unlikely to happen. Just be patient and give Hextall some time to right the ship. I see some fans here are just impatient as Homer/Snider, no one can turn this team around in 1 year.

@briere48

I like that he hasn't made a trade yet, keyword is yet. If this was Homer, you know for sure he would've made a boneheaded trade already. Giving up youth or draft picks, Hextall being patient has shown me he is evaluating the roster on who to keep and who to trade once the trade deadline approaches.

Yes, I want them to bottom out and do a total rebuild but that will be unlikely to happen. Just be patient and give Hextall some time to right the ship. I see some fans here are just impatient as Homer/Snider, no one can turn this team around in 1 year.

im talking about the end of the season because he's going to think that everything is fine and it's going to the same problems year after year after year, im patient but it's been 3 years since the trade and my patience is running out, im hoping changes will happen at the end of the season.

im talking about the end of the season because he's going to think that everything is fine and it's going to the same problems year after year after year, im patient but it's been 3 years since the trade and my patience is running out, im hoping changes will happen at the end of the season.

I understand your tired of this crap and I am sure ALL of us are as well. Everyone knows this team stinks except for Homer and Snider because they built it. I posted in another thread regarding how I feel about Hextall, we have to give Hextall time to fix the old regime's boneheaded move that is currently destroying this team and it's cap.

Are you not happy that Hextall hasn't reacted the way Homer would have and traded youth for a quick fix when the team goes in a slump? That to me shows Hextall has kept his word about keeping youth and draft picks. We are not yet at the end of the season and don't know what he will do so you can't complain on that. The key word here is PATIENT, this is not Homer.

I understand your tired of this crap and I am sure ALL of us are as well. Everyone knows this team stinks except for Homer and Snider because they built it. I posted in another thread regarding how I feel about Hextall, we have to give Hextall time to fix the old regime's boneheaded move that is currently destroying this team and it's cap.

Are you not happy that Hextall hasn't reacted the way Homer would have and traded youth for a quick fix when the team goes in a slump? That to me shows Hextall has kept his word about keeping youth and draft picks. We are not yet at the end of the season and don't know what he will do so you can't complain on that. The key word here is PATIENT, this is not Homer.

i dont want a quick fix, i just want something positive to happen with this team going foward after this season and what bothers me about this organization is that they are not going to make changes at the end of the season or trade deadline because they are fooled by the way they are playing and it will be a same thing every year, it's been like this since the trade, i just dont want another year of this garbage because that's not making progress, it's bad enough the oilers had to go through this, i dont want a repeat of this with the flyers, that's my point. im patient but i want some changes to happen so i feel good about another philly team.

@briere48

You don't want a quick fix but wanna see change. There might not be big changes that you expect at the deadline or in the offseason. Maybe the biggest change will be the coaching change. We have players under contract that no one wants and they will be here for 3-4 more years unless Hextall buys them out. I don't like that idea because of the long term cap hit. I don't see a big move being made unless he is willing to give up the young guys or draft picks but that would be against what he said. The cap might be the same next year or go up another 4 mil give or take and that is not much for him to do anything major.

I think Hextall knows this team sucks, that is why he hasn't done anything. We are stuck with this roster until RJ, VLC, Streit and MacDonalds contract expires. Just feel good that Hextall isn't doing what Homer did and the future looks much brighter under his guidance.

If they do then so what, it's not like they are stuck with him like they are with VLC. They can still fire his a$$ anytime and it won't hurt the cap. Not sure why you are nit picking here but I want them to tank as much as you do but that won't happen. This team still has skill players unless they all get hurt.

Archived