Should Lou Be Fired?

JagerMeister

Look at the Devils. They have, IMO the worst roster in the entire NHL. Its old and going nowhere. The farm system is one of the weakest in the entire NHL. He's Holmgrened a lot of 1st round picks (traded 5 of last 8) and all you have left to see is the carnage. Somewhere Lou lost his mind along the way.

Look at the Devils. They have, IMO the worst roster in the entire NHL. Its old and going nowhere. The farm system is one of the weakest in the entire NHL. He's Holmgrened a lot of 1st round picks (traded 5 of last 8) and all you have left to see is the carnage. Somewhere Lou lost his mind along the way.

yup, its official, lou has gone soft.... :rolleyes: But in all seriousness, i agree with you completely

I'm on the fence with Lou. He isn't what he used to be, but I also think he's had some things happen that were completely out of his control. He couldn't have known Kovalchuk was going to quit on the team (and I don't think he wanted to give him that contract in the first place), and when Parise was hitting free agency they were going through financial issues that likely prevented him from matching what he eventually got (although I still think the back half of that contract won't be pretty). But the Devils drafting/development has been bad with forwards for the better part of a decade, and that does ultimately fall on Lou for not making changes in the scouting department. Although they have done an excellent job with defensemen lately.

I don't know, it might just be time to move on. They've said goodbye to Brodeur, they'll be saying goodbye to Elias pretty soon. Maybe it's time to say goodbye to Lou too.

Archived