Carlyle Fired

JackStraw

@jammer2 I think Nonis' job is next in line. He's sort of the last key cog from the Burkean era.

There was lots of speculation when Mark Hunter was hired that it was inevitable he sit in the GM chair in the near future. That could all be bogus, but I guess we'll find out!

Personally, I think it'd be good to finish the "management fresh start" plan by replacing Dave. Or maybe move him to assistant or some other sort of executive. 

Maybe him and Hunter could just switch places. Hunter = GM, Nonis = Director of Player Personnel?

Maybe him and Hunter could just switch places. Hunter = GM, Nonis = Director of Player Personnel?

I just don't see something like that working. Regardless of any title you give Nonis, in reality, it's a step down, a loss of power. Better to just give the stiff his walking papers. Being a Leaf hater, having Hunter as the GM is bad news....lol. He's an awesome evaluator of talent, he *will* right the ship, it would be inevitable. When you think about it, what has Nonis really done, everything he's ever gained has been riding the coattails of Burke. Not exactly a sparkling vote of confidence.....lol.

I just don't see something like that working. Regardless of any title you give Nonis, in reality, it's a step down, a loss of power. Better to just give the stiff his walking papers. Being a Leaf hater, having Hunter as the GM is bad news....lol. He's an awesome evaluator of talent, he *will* right the ship, it would be inevitable. When you think about it, what has Nonis really done, everything he's ever gained has been riding the coattails of Burke. Not exactly a sparkling vote of confidence.....lol.

Dave Nonis - professional puppet.  ;)

Looks like Peter Horachek has been named interim head coach. Steve Spott to remain assistant coach, and rumour has it Steve Staios will join the coaching staff.

The Babcock in the offseason rumours I'm sure will continue to fly around until it is no longer an option (which is probably going to be the case).

Probably a good move to keep options open going into the offseason, when they can make a decision. Of course, Horachek has a shot at a full time job I'm sure, if he can show promise.

The bold new Shanaplan:

Step 1) Fire Nonis, shift Mark Hunter to GM

Step 2) Fold the team, move it to Seattle

Step 3) MLSE acquires expansion team, names it the Maple Leafs.

If we're lucky, not only will this give us a completely fresh start, it will also remove any voodoo magic still lingering on the team.

lol that might work

as for babcock i think he would be crazy to leave unless he sells out just to get more money then toronto has a chance but i dont think that happens at all, if anything he's waiting till the last minute hoping that all the speculation drives up the probably already crazy offer detroit is offering

Archived