Rumour - Leafs Look to Trade Everybody and Everything

-91!

Yeah, its a completely useless stat. Doesn't tell you anything about what kind of hockey player a Phil Kessel is <ninja>

If you look at the Leafs "top" line (and I use the word top loosely), it's JVR (-28), Kessel (-32), Bozak (-31), Phaneuf (-9), and Gardiner (-22). The Leafs top 5 are a combined -122!!!!! :o

+/- vs DE

JVR: -28 vs 7 DE

Bozak: -31 vs 8 DE

Kessel: -32 vs 14 DE

Phaneuf: -9 vs 17 DE

Gardiner: -22 vs 16 DE

So upon closer examination, Kessel is the weakest of the three forwards defensively, and is dragging Bozak and JVR's +/- down. Phaneuf is far weaker defensively than his +/- indicates, and Gardiner is weak all around.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at the Leafs "top" line (and I use the word top loosely), it's JVR (-28), Kessel (-32), Bozak (-31), Phaneuf (-9), and Gardiner (-22). The Leafs top 5 are a combined -122!!!!! :o

+/- vs DE

JVR: -28 vs 7 DE

Bozak: -31 vs 8 DE

Kessel: -32 vs 14 DE

Phaneuf: -9 vs 17 DE

Gardiner: -22 vs 16 DE

So upon closer examination, Kessel is the weakest of the three forwards defensively, and is dragging Bozak and JVR's +/- down. Phaneuf is far weaker defensively than his +/- indicates, and Gardiner is weak all around.

Yikes. I saw Kessel's play on the empty netter last night. No wonder he's minus a billion.

@WordsOfWisdom

Poor Phil...making $8 million a year....earned about 7 bucks over the last 3 months.

I wonder if any player has ever lost the will to play hockey after being stuck in Toronto on a team like this. It would be a new milestone for the Leafs if Kessel's next interview went something like this:

Interviewer: "What are your thoughts on the game tonight Phil?"

Pretend Kessel to media: "The game just isn't fun anymore. I've lost my interest in hockey. I've decided to forfeit the remaining years on my contract, retire, and take up bowling."

:P

I've lost my interest in hockey.

I dunno. I 'd say Phil has already lost his interest in hockey, certainly the large part of it that takes place away from the puck and on the other side of the big red line in the middle of the ice.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if any player has ever lost the will to play hockey after being stuck in Toronto on a team like this. It would be a new milestone for the Leafs if Kessel's next interview went something like this:

Interviewer: "What are your thoughts on the game tonight Phil?"

Pretend Kessel to media: "The game just isn't fun anymore. I've lost my interest in hockey. I've decided to forfeit the remaining years on my contract, retire, and take up bowling."

:P

I am pretty sure you could give me a job shovelling poop with no sneakers on and if it paid 8 million a year, I would go in everyday

Bernier or Reimer to the Sharks for Colorado's 2016 2nd!

Aight cool. Reimer could use a fresh start.

I am pretty sure you could give me a job shovelling poop with no sneakers on and if it paid 8 million a year, I would go in everyday

See but this all depends on how good of a bowler Phil Kessel really is.

• 2 months later...

Archived