Sharks last game notes.

J0e Th0rnton

Hertl finally had a game in his natural position. Center. And he looked better there on the 4th line than he did as a wing on the first line. His goalscoring on wing was the thing people noticed at first, But this kid has excellent vision. Kennedy returned to the lineup on Hertl's wing and had a great game. Hell, even McGinn looked good on Hertl's wing.

A lot of Sharks fans were saying Sheppard is the ideal 4th line center and is being used as the 3rd line center because Desjardins is our 4th line center. Well, here is a chance to try a lineup that worked again. I know it is only the Yotes, but the calls were atrocious against the Sharks all game.

The Pavelski/Couture/Karlsson line is just not doing it for me, as they just do not mesh(Pavelski/Couture at least). Nor is the Marleau/Thornton/Nieto line.

How is it all offseason Wilson preached spots would have to be earned and nobody was guaranteed the best icetime or PP time, yet he continues to let Tmac/Koala give Marleau and Nieto top 6 icetime? Nieto is snakebitten despite his efforts and Marleau has just been awful and lacking effort. Thornton is good no matter who he plays with, but come on....Nieto is at least getting chances, while Marleau is blowing chances and lackluster on the backcheck lately.

The best part about this team was the Thornton/Pavelski combo. All the line lacks without Burns is a strong forechecker, and that is where Wingels should come in.

Irwin and Hannan looked dreadful. As usual. they make Coburn and Grossman look like top 4 Dmen. Hannan is a car that still has it's E-brake on while driving, an Irwin skates like he has sandbags taped around his ankles.

Dillon/Braun is finally happening the past few games. After weeks of Koala refusing to break up the Vlasic/Braun pairing. And it is working. Vlasic/Burns makes so much sense(And Vlasic has been sneaking in backdoor occasionally), and Dillon is finding a more offensive edge since being paired with Braun.

HHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this sounds like a 2 way street what say you Joe????

‘I should’ve done a little more homework': Scott Gomez of playing in San Jose

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/17/i-shouldve-done-a-little-more-homework-scott-gomez-of-playing-in-san-jose/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Scott Gomez and Martin Havlat, now with the New Jersey Devils, will return to San Jose. Both players spent time with the Sharks during their careers.

The Devils play the Sharks on Monday.

The now 35-year-old Gomez played the lockout-shortened season in San Jose, scoring twice and picking up 15 points in 39 games. Hardly a fruitful venture out west. The 33-year-old Havlat spent three seasons with the Sharks, but didn’t play more than 50 games in a season in San Jose due to injury. He was bought out last summer.

“It’s past. One of those things in life. Maybe I should’ve done a little more homework,” Gomez told the Star Ledger. “They had a system there and that was the way it was.

“But that wasn’t going to be the end for me. That wasn’t going to be the final (chapter). Not there.”

Since returning to the Devils, Gomez has already surpassed his point production from last season with the Florida Panthers, and his 14 points this season is one off his total from his entire time in San Jose two years ago.

Sharks hold special Metallica night for game against Kings

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sharks-hold-special-metallica-night-game-against-kings-032120208--nhl.html

''This is an honor to be able to keep it local,'' lead singer James Hetfield said before the game. ''We love that. The fact that we're considered a mainstay of this area and obviously the Sharks are as well. You join it together, it makes sense.''

''It's an incredible honor,'' bass player Robert Trujillo said. ''The fact that that song has that kind of energy to fuel an entire team, give them the strength to battle and kick butt.''

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see Hertl finally get soem points, did he only start playing center yesterday?

The past few weeks, he has been at center and looks much better.

The Sharks really phone it in when they are playing bottom 5 teams.....

Vlasic being out does not help either

Archived