ESPN gets World Cup

hf101

Just goes to show....ESPN DOES have an interest in hockey, and *gasp*, they can even do a good job of presenting it....should they care to.

Too bad this pissing contest with the NHL has precluded them from broadcasting regular season games or even presenting the NHL in a positive light with most of its stories and pieces.

ESPN hardly carries any NHL highlights, and the sportsclicker somethings has to run through all the other sports 2 to 3 times before you see the NHL scores.  I wish that NBC had gotten it, and had the games on NBCSN, MSNBC, CNBC and all.   ESPN may limit the number of games that they show.

When ESPN had the NHL broadcasting rights, the announcers were Gary Thorne & Bill Clement.  I still think they are/were the best tandem.  I wouldn't be surprised it hey are brought back as a team.

Thorne and Clement.

Back in Florida, when I first discovered hockey, those guys doing the national games....I was always like, "When are the Lightning going to be GOOD ENOUGH so that those two guys would do OUR games?"

Bolts, of course were only 3 or 4 years old, still an expansion team, and filled with castoffs from other teams when I started watching national games, but it didn't stop me from dreaming that those awesome ESPN guys would take an interest in MY team.  :)

Archived