30 for 30 Of Miracles and Men

yave1964

If you got a couple of hours to kill and are looking for something interesting to watch, give the newest 30 for 30, Of Miracles and Men is running all over ESPN this week.

Fetisov, Tretiak, Makorov, family members of soviet players and coaches who have passed, explaining hockey in the Soviet Union in its early days and of course, the Miracle on Ice game. Absolutely worth watching. Right in my wheelhouse, watched it once so far and gonna watch it again tonight after the house quiets down. Very, very highly recommended.

Just about every one of those 30 for 30's is remarkable. Did you see the very first one? King's Ransom...about the Gretzky trade. Good stuff.

The one about Spano trying to buy the Islanders was pretty interesting too.

With this one I liked the stuff at the end with Lou and Fetisov.

@B21@MadDevil

They do such a remarkable job with these series, this one might have been my favorite. Both of the ones you gents mentioned are right up there. I didn't know that Kings Ransom was the first one. Nice. And the whole Spano debacle while a black eye was freaking hilarious because it happened to someone else and not my team. :D

@yave1964

i saw a little of this, it was pretty cool but it was late and i couldn't hang in there with it... i will definitely be looking for it on netflix if i can't find it on one of the espns.

Tretiak is one of the most gracious people on the planet, same with Fetisov. That team was unreal.

@B21@MadDevil

They do such a remarkable job with these series, this one might have been my favorite. Both of the ones you gents mentioned are right up there. I didn't know that Kings Ransom was the first one. Nice. And the whole Spano debacle while a black eye was freaking hilarious because it happened to someone else and not my team. :D

Yup. That was one of the few I saw when it aired.  The rest I get when the set comes out.

My favorite is still Once Brothers about Vlade Divac and Drazen Petrovic and how the Yugoslav wars ultimately ended their friendship and them never having a chance to make amends due to Petrovic's untimely death.  Incredible story...and I'm really not much of an NBA fan.

Archived