A Q About Teams Draft Picks

You know, with all the various draft picks that changed hands not only today but leading up to the deadline (and indeed seem to occur more n more)...it made me wonder:

Does anyone know of a good, up-to-date website that tracks which teams have which picks?

Obviously for any upcoming drafts no one will know exactly what order teams will actually be in, but the same way the league and GM's have to keep track of who has who's picks and which round they are for, is there a way for the common folk such as ourselves to see that?

For example, (and I am making numbers up here just to make a point), the Hurricanes have their own pick in the 1st round of the 2015 draft, but through the year have acquired both the Ducks and Kings first rounders in that same draft...but have traded away their own 2nd round draft pick, but have compensated for that by acquiring the one from St. Louis and Chicago, etc, etc, etc...

I think it'd be cool to know this because then, when trades are made that include actual players plus prospects, it is easier to evaluate a given trade because we could then know if a team gave up a certain pick from a certain round, we would know whether it was their own, another team's, etc....

At first glance, a team giving up a first rounder may seem like an overpayment, but if we knew how many were stockpiled by that team, we might see that yea, they gave up a first rounder, but still have another team's (or more) first rounder, and so on and so forth.

Anyways, hope my question makes sense.

I'd just like to be able to track each teams draft picks in hand just like I can other things about a team.

Thanks. :)

I know order can't be finalized till after the season, but teams still have certain other team's picks right?

Thats what I am interested in...not the order, but I'd like to know how many 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks any given team may have accumulated  or given up via trades.

I am guessing by your response there really isn't a way for us regulars to track that then?

Archived