Patience wearing thin

yave1964

Five games since the deadline, the Wings added Cole and Zidlicky, two valuable pieces who helped round out the roster without giving up a roster piece in return. All things looking bright.

Since then they have went 2-3 and third place seems to be a foregone conclusion, as long as they hold off the hard charging Bruins who have closed within 5 points of the Wings.

Cole and Zidlicky have been fine, one or the other has a point in every game since the trades.

The Wings are out of sync, Howard goes from good to bad to mediocre and back again, the defense seems to still be in a feeling out stage with the new piece Zidlicky, the power play which should be better with the two new boys has been average, even giving up two shorties in one game to the Bruins the other day.

Helm is due back soon, he will help cure what ails the forwards, i wrote elsewhere that in a lot of ways he is the lynchpin who helps define the roles of the forwards, his return will certainly help.

The defense will get used to each other. Since Lidstrom retired a few years ago, it has been the same crew working together, Zidlicky while talented is a new member that they have to get used to.

When the deals were first announced i hoped the Wings could draw to an inside straight and somehow win the division, but now, six points out behind two teams it looks more and more like we will open on the road in either Tampa or Montreal. Babcock has a month to get the guys ready, here is hoping he gets it together soon.

i didnt even understand these trades to begin with, they were playing great without them, i understand the gm wanted playoff experience players but if your team is playing well, there's no reason to make these trades. i believe they can get through the playoffs with this roster. i just dont get it sometimes.

@briere48

The Wings were indeed playing well without them, and the idea was that they would play even better.  TO that end, I really liked the new acquisitions.  But this is getting just a little silly.  The two additions are pulling their weight.  It's the rest of the team that has dropped off, and I have absolutely no idea how to explain that....

It's getting ridiculous. There is no acceptable reason for this, nor is there a legitimate explanation. This is really hard to understand. We get two extra winged wheels and suddenly the other winged wheels fall off!

Adjustment time has expired.

Get well Darren Helm. And the other players better be playing hard, because if they don't, they should be the one(s) scratched when Helm returns, which is hopefully this weekend?

This doesn't help! Howard since his return 5 wins 5 losses. The excuses for the 6m failure are growing old!

Pitt 4-4 1.000 0 ga 0.00 gaa 20 mins played

Win 34-38 .894 4 ga 4.0 gaa 60 mins played

Mon 27-28 .964 1 ga 1.03 gaa 58 mins played

Chi 32-34 .941 2 ga 2.0 gaa 60 mins played

Dal 26-32 .812 6 ga 7.2 gaa 50 mins played

Ana 22-25 .880 3 ga 3.0 gaa 60 mins played

SJS 20-22 .909 2 ga 2.0 gaa 60 mins played

NYR 39-40 .975 1 ga .98 gaa 61 mins played

Cal 19-23 .826 4 ga 4.21 gaa 57 mins played

Bos 6-7 .857 1 ga 3.52 gaa 17 mins played

Edm 36-38 .947 2 ga 2.03 gaa 59 mins played

Col 23-26 .884 3 ga 3.15 gaa 57 mins played

The roller coaster.

@Old School Hockey   I know it is late in the game to make drastic changes, but is it time to give Mrazek some more starts, or do you just stick with Howard and hope the roller coaster ends sooner rather than later. Howard is obviously gonna be the starter going into the playoffs, but how short will his leash be?

Archived